Firearms in Commerce: Assessing the Need for Reform in the Federal Regulatory Process

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Marlin T, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

This doesn't sound good at all. :mad:

I wonder if this is going to be on CSPAN?

“Firearms in Commerce: Assessing the Need for Reform in the Federal Regulatory Process”

Senate Judiciary Committee
    Full Committee
    [​IMG]
    DATE: September 14, 2010
    TIME: 10:00 AM
    ROOM: Dirksen-226

OFFICIAL HEARING NOTICE / WITNESS LIST:
    September 7, 2010

NOTICE OF COMMITTEE HEARING
    The Senate Committee on the Judiciary has scheduled a hearing entitled "Firearms in Commerce: Assessing the Need for Reform in the Federal Regulatory Process" for Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 226 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building.

By order of the Chairman.

http://judiciary.senate.gov/hearings/hearing.cfm?id=4771
  2. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Re: Firearms in Commerce: Assessing the Need for Reform in the Federal Regulatory Pro

Wonder if any gun owners will even be allowed to testify.

Went to something like this once. Over 100 people testified against, farmers, landowners, home owners , hunters and fishermen. 6 for, 5 from 2 Universities and one tree huger for.

You guess the results.

By the way, this was over black bear habitat. Funny, the marsh and swamp was full of them ever since the land was settled and are still there now. The land in question was on the periphery of that habitat. Now the land adjacent to that will be covered too. Cant disturb or annoy the black bears.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  3. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

Re: Firearms in Commerce: Assessing the Need for Reform in the Federal Regulatory Pro

I received an e-mail from VCDL requesting that I contact my Va. senators to co-sponsor the bill S.941 which they say is pro-gun. I did contact them.:)
  4. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I can so no good coming from this. Could be another angle the anti-gunners have come up with to try to control firearmarm availability.

On second thought, it might be an attempt by pro gunners to loosen up some regs. Just have to wait and see what they're aiming to do.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010