Firefight

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by jpdusn, Nov 20, 2012.

1. jpdusn

jpdusn New Member

It was a target rich environment. There was lead flying everywhere. When it was all over I was surrounded by dead bodies. I sniped the first one from 184 yards and got down to confirm the kill. As I closed to 100 yards 2 more engaged me. Quickly settling the cross hairs on the one to the left I squeezed off another round from my trusty 308 and dropped it where it stood. Swinging right onto the next target I squeezed again, a little too quickly this time, only wounding it. As it flopped and screamed I once again acquired it in my scope to finish it when I caught a fourth boggie entering the fray. Quickly I fired my last remaining bullet putting down for good the one I had wounded. Could have gone hand to hand with #4 but decided it was best if I lived to fight another day and bid a hasty retreat. The targets kept coming so I kept shooting and if I hadn’t run out of ammo I’d still be out there right now defending my ground.

It was an unprovoked attack, by a squad of rabid raccoons at my hunting grounds that elicited the above action on my part. Damm that was scary.
    :AR15firing:
  2. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

Another reason to carry a sidearm while hunting.

A friend of mine encountered a pack of wild dogs while on a scouting trip to set a hunting blind. Had he not carried his 9mm and extra loaded magazines, they would have torn him apart!
  3. jpdusn

jpdusn New Member

Normally take a 45 with me. Never concidered the possibility of being "out numbered" in the hunting woods. That won't happen again.
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I will never be voluntarily outgunned.

when hunting, I have at least 4 guns on me and about 200-300 rounds or more.

But you should eat the coons, raccoon meat is delicious! Very dark/greasy like the dark meat part of a chicken.

Don't know if they're rabbid though, make sure to cook it well just in case!

glad you survived, sounds like a good fight.
  5. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

you should start your story with "No S, there I was, knee deep in grenade pins....totally surrounded..."
  6. jpdusn

jpdusn New Member

That would have been funny too.