Fireing up tha' ol grill!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crpdeth, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I just attached a brand new Blue Rino Tank to my ol' Lava Flame Char Broil gas grill... The sirloins are nicely thawed and ready, theres a couple big ol' taters wrapped up a wait'n... But, there is an odd buzzing sound comming from the regulator that I've never heard before...Is it time to change that thing out? I've never had to replace one, hope I dont get half way done with the cooking and it decides to go out! :mad:

Ya'll have a safe weekend!

~Crp
  2. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

The regulator will "hiss" normally. But a buzzing sound might be a problem. I'd go ahead and replace it, especially if you haven't used it in a while.

I cook steaks on my gas grill about 2-3 times a week. Just had a steak a few nights ago, as a matter of fact. Enjoy yer steaks, man!
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Naw......they all buzz after you pull the pin......gives you 3 or 4 seconds to RUN! :D
  4. Crpdeth

Thanks much Toby, I figured as much..I'm gonna chance it this evening, as opposed to having to run up to Lowes, but I'll replace it before I use it again.

Rotf, and here I was "running" a lit match around it looking for leaks! :D :D :D
  5. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Steaks and taters??? WHat time are we eatin'?

ISB
  6. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

Charcoal, man, charcoal! No regulators on the ol' Weber!!!

See, then you get the "I'm waiting on the coals to get right, honey" beer.
  7. Crpdeth

LOL, good fun guys...ISB Dinner's at 5:30, bring ya guns...Nothing beats pistol cleaning with friends on a full belly, sitting in the living room floor in front of the teli, with tha' wimmin off in tha' kitchen talking about us. :p

~Crp

*edit*

Hmmm, I tried turning on the adjustments beforehand with no results, but now as I got ready to put the steaks on, and turned down the burners, the buzzing stopped, maybe I wont have to fool with replacing it for a while after all....I know my propane Coleman lantern, Mr Heater ect, buzz when their on high, but never had the grill to do it...it was loud though, I could faintly hear it in the house. And yes the grill is outdoors, regardless of what LTS says about the smoke chasing the flys out of the house.

~Crp
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2004
  8. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

So, T-Bones? Porterhouses? What kinda slabs you throwin' in the coals?
  9. Crpdeth

Just put on some Sirloin this time Smash, I'm really a T-bone kinda guy, but here lately I'm starting to feel like I'm paying for the bone... I think I enjoied the cuts that I cooked tonight as well as any T-bone anyway, nicely marbled, very good.

Plenty left over...Ya'll come on! :D

~Crp
  10. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I'd still change that regulator.......

Especiallly if it'd been anywhere near Zigzag2 !!!!!!!

mike
  11. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Only thing I use propane for is firing up the turkey cooker to brew beer or to light the wood in my New Braunfels Smoker!
  12. Crpdeth

John, I have to agree, I'm more of a charcoal and black walnut guy myself, but after a long week, and a hard day, its hard to beat the ease of pushing that red igniter button. I'd have a Holland if I could afford it, and all the other toys I want, but unfortunately I cannot.

Okay Mike, thanks, I'll keep it on the list then.

~Donny