Firestar + takedown & note on mag.

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by dartswinger, Feb 18, 2010.

1. dartswinger

dartswinger New Member

Can anyone tell me where I can find instructions on the COMPLETE disassembly of a Star Firestar Plus. I can find plenty directions on simple 'field strip' for cleaning but nothing on complete takedown.

Note on the magazine: I was looking for a spare mag. for this but was rather dismayed at the prices so I started going thru my leftover box and found mag I had as a spare for a S&W 659. I had sold that gun but buyer didn't want spare mag since it was blue not SS. Cut the proper notch in mag body to line up with Star mag release, and doggoneit I have a perfectly fitting (tho a bit long) and functioning 15 shot spare for my Firestar +. Just curious if anyone else experimented with mag interchangability and with what?
    I don't know what if any opinion you'all have on the Firestar +, but I am quite impressed with it.
  2. Smoke

Smoke Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010