Firestorm 45 goverment

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 8, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Roger1113
    (12/23/02 10:29:18 pm)
    Reply Firestorm 45 Government
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have just bought the above pistol, this is the first gun I have purchased, as I am English you can't own pistols over there.
    Any tips you have on care and maintainence would be very welcome. Also any advice anyone has would also be welcome.

Thanks

Roger1113

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/23/02 11:29:25 pm)
    Re: Firestorm 45 Government
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome Roger1113!

Learn how it works. (simple mechanism)

Learn to take it apart. (Simple)

Shoot it extensively. Fun!!!!)

Clean thoroughly and oil it moderately. (really)

Enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is why God gave us the .45 ACP! The most perfect auto pistol ever made.

Eventually...buy a Colt, or a Kimber, or a Wilson, or a ...

Important Info For ALL Americans
    "A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!" Paid for by the Xracer and Boom-atic for Federal Office Campaign

Roger1113
    (12/23/02 11:34:22 pm)
    Reply Firestorm 45 Government
    Thank you for your info, it is really helpful.

Yours

Roger1113

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/24/02 9:03:34 am)
    Roger 1113 -

First off, Happy Holidays and welcome to The Firearms Forum. We are pleased to have you join us. If you are looking for information, you have certainly come to he right place.

To start off, boomatic has given you some solid advice and I agree with him 100 percent. However I believe that more specific information is what you are in search of.

So, while using boomatics information, I will include some specific particulars that may be of necessity to you.

1) Learn how it works. Read your instruction manual thoroughly. In fact, read it a couple of times. Read the instructions while you're actually handling the weapon (insuring, of course, that it is unloaded in magazine and chamber). Use the photos/drawings in the instructions to familiarize yourself with the various components of your weapon. Handle your weapon as much as you are able within the confines of your home to become familiar with its weight, feel, characteristics, functioning, etc. (When I got my first handgun back in the l960's, after the children were in bed and asleep, I would get it out and "simulate" shooting the bad guys on Television).

Learn to take it apart. Use the instructions in the manual to take your weapon apart. But do not try to disassemble it any further that what the instructions show you. After you have become more familiar with its function and have gained more experience concerning firearms in general any changes/modifications should be made by a competent gunsmith. After you have gained more experience, knowledge, and proficiency concerning your weapon there is a limited amount of work you can accomplish on it.

3) Shoot it extensively, but only after you have become thoroughly familiar with its form, function and fit.

Additional items you will need to complete your package will be a holster to carry it in, a hard case to transport it in, and a cleaning kit to: 4) Clean thoroughly and oil it moderately.

Your cleaning kit should include (at a minimum) a .45 caliber brass bore brush, cleaning rod, patch holder for running patches through the bore, gun cleaning solvent, and lubricating oil. Items you may wish to add to your cleaning kit are a small brass brush (or maybe even a toothbrush) for cleaning out the magazine well and/or other areas of the weapon you can not reach with a cleaning patch/rag, a bore light (will aid inspection of the bore by adding additional light), and a small box (possibly a small fishing tackle box) to put your cleaning kit and its additional accessoris in.

Best of luck to you in your shooting endeavors.

Regards

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/24/02 9:40:42 am)
    Reply Re: Firestorm 45 Government
    Hi Roger1113......and welcome to TFF.

That's all good advice above....and if you ever have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/24/02 9:47:51 am)
    See...that is why they are senior staff and I am just "Junior Ne'er-Do-Well Wannabe Moderator of the Test Forum!!!!"

I asked Tac for that title, but I guess It was too long!!!!!

Important Info For ALL Americans
    "A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!" Paid for by the Xracer and Boom-atic for Federal Office Campaign

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/24/02 9:58:48 am)
    Boomer....my political spies tell me that you've been putting that title (JNDWWMOTTF) your political handout literature......we're gonna sue!

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (12/24/02 10:18:28 am)
    X,

If anyone deserves THAT title, Boom does.