The Firearms Forum banner

Firestorm .45 Government

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  oldironsights 
#1 ·
I have a chance to pick up a Firestorm .45 Government (1911A1 clone) for $280.00 Does anyone have any experience with these. It's in fair -good shape.

#2 ·
I dont have any experience with them but if its a decent shooter it should be worth that amount...

#7 ·
What I didnt realize is that this gun is one in the same as american classic. I own an american classic 2 and I have run several hundreds of rounds thru it without issue. I even had 2 case failures from reloads blow up in the gun and it didnt bother the gun one bit...my face was a different story...

#9 · (Edited)
Just make sure it is a Manila made Metro Arms Firestorm, & not the Spanish made predecessor.
I own two of the Manila made Metro Arms 1911's. Very well made. It WILL benefit from a better trigger, sear, barrel & bushing.
I installed an Ed Brown barrel & bushing in my Firestorm. Groups em' pretty tight for me from 25yds offhand with my shaky hand & fuzzy eyesight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.