firestorm firearms??

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by rosierita, Mar 31, 2005.

1. rosierita

rosierita New Member

what do ya'll know about them?? what is their reputation??

last night we had an incident where there was someone in our yard at 10:30 & it really freaked me & the kids out (troy is still out of town). i had already planned on getting troy something smaller than the hi pt he already has & i had pretty much convinced myself it would be a keltec, but the guy mentioned he had a firestorm (i cant remember if it was a 38 or a 9mm :confused: i'm pretty sure it was 1 of those tho). anyhoo ~ this gun is $30 cheaper than the keltec. what are your opinions?? the keltec was a .32.

also, i'm going to pick up a 22 semi auto ( :rolleyes: or maybe a revolver, it's been a LONG night & i cant make up my mind & all these #s right now are just messing me up) anyhoo i'm gonna get 1 of these to keep on hand around the house bc i know the kids can handle a 22 & their rossi jr rifles are only single shots. we have a semi auto 22 rifle loaded at all times, but i just think a pistol would be another good option for them. (i had my taurus 38, but they cannot handle that) ugh. HELP! :D

give my some insight into firestorm products please! :D & while you're at it, give me some ideas for a 22. thanks! :)
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Look for a PM.
  3. rosierita

rosierita New Member

:) thanks marlin!
  4. lead

lead Active Member

I'm sure Marlin has given you some great advice. Let me add my two cents. The Firestorm is made by Bersa. I bought one of them recently and love it. My wife has to be in Kansas City alot right now and it's the gun I will trust for her protection. Ours is a .380, by the way.
  5. rosierita

rosierita New Member

:) thanks lead!! :eek: okay, i got itchy fingers & a wallet was burning a hole in my pocket, so shortly after my last reply.... :eek: :eek: :eek: i went to the gun shop & bought the keltec. :D i am SOOOOO going to buy that firestorm tho, i'll have to ask about the 380 before i make my purchase. i also put a kahn limited edition over under 12 gauge on layaway for troy for father's day. :eek: (& he's ordering me a 32 revolver :eek: :eek: :eek: ) no wonder troy never lets me out of the house. :rolleyes: :D OH. MY. GOSH!! i just love that store. :D

[​IMG]

this is my new baby. i will feed him well. :D
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

7. the_end

the_end New Member

I purchased a Glock 22 last month and absolutly love it. It's not all that comfterable to carry though, especially when not wearing a sweatshirt or jacket. I decided I needed a "warm weather" carry weapon :p (I think it was just an excuse to pick up another toy:D). I bought a Firestorm mini-9 earlier today. I decided against the .40 and .45 due to the fact I wanted a weapon my wife would be comfterable using and she's not too fond of my current .40 or .45. After the good ol' 10 day waiting period :rolleyes: I'll pick that thing up and post back with some results.

I've read very mixed results on these weapons but a friend of mine that is an armor says they have a good track record with him so far. Only one was sent back under the LTW and it was replaced at no charge. Other than that one case, the few hundred he's sold have stayed in the hands of happy customers. We'll see...
  8. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Thata girl, rosie!!!!!!

;) :) :D
  9. rosierita

rosierita New Member

:D please let me know what you think! :D

i cant wait til lunchtime! my revolver should be in!! (finally!) the 1 the guy was originally going to order is no longer being made. :( it was hammerless..... i dont know the brand name. :rolleyes: anyhoo ~ he ordered me 1 the other day that has a hammer & it's lightweight. :D (yay me!) he said it was a 32 mag. :D
  10. Laserlips

Laserlips New Member

You've probably already picked out your next firearm by now, but I would like to give you my experience with my Firestorm FS22.

The Firestorm FS22 is a PP/PPK sized 11 shot 22cal automatic. It is basically the same pistol as the "Bersa Thunder 380" in a smaller caliber. The FS22 has adjustable windage sights, extended tang (no jokes here please). So, no nasty "slide bite" so common with PPK's and it is extremely accurate. I have run approximately 800 rounds of 22 ammo in my pistol and it has been 100% reliable with modern ammo. While we all prefer a larger caliber for self defense I really think 11 stingers out of this fine little pistol would be a considerable defensive weapon.

I think the whole Bersa/Firestorm line of firearms are a great value and for some reason seem to remain below the "radar" of most.

Best Wishes. :D
  11. rosierita

rosierita New Member

:) thanks for the info laserlips! how much do these fs22's run?? & how much do they weigh?? :) thanks! :)
  12. the_end

the_end New Member

I'm taking it out sunday finally so I'll tell ya what I think :)
  13. the_end

the_end New Member

Here's a few shots of my new piece if anyone's interested in them and hasn't got to see them in person. It's next to my Glock 22 for comparison.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm 6'5" and have some pretty big hands but the grips on this thing are NICE! Wider than the glock and almost as long with the mag extension. Very easy for me to conceal even under a T-shirt w/ a IWB holster for those of you who pack. Still goin sunday morning so I'll let you know if it performs.
  14. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Have a .40 and a .380 for the wife in Firestorm. Both have been great. The .40 came with extractor made wrong. Wouldn't clost with round in chamber unless magazine fed. Sent it back and it was fixed, no problem. Anyone can make a mistake, but it was made ok! They are both accurate and very reliable!!!
  15. Laserlips

Laserlips New Member

I'm not sure how much the FS 22 weighs, but it's not heavy at all.

I paid $229.00 for mine, (including tax).

There's no doubt that very few people will suggest you use a 22cal firearm as your 1st choice for personal defense, but in a pinch I think 11rds of stingers in the FS 22 would serve you pretty well.

What I particularly appreciate about the FS22 is that it is 100% reliable and more accurate than I can shoot it.

Even if you have 15 other pistols/revolvers, you will still enjoy having the FS22.

JMO. Best Wishes. :D
  16. rosierita

rosierita New Member

thanks for the pics the_end! i cant wait to see whatcha think! :D

riverrat... i have a taurus 38 revolver, do you know what the recoil is on these in comparison to what i have?? :confused: to be honest, i have quite gotten used to the revolver's recoil. i'm shooting it, but i think i also flinch in anticipation to the recoil. :rolleyes:

yeah, i know what you mean there laserlips... i would like 1 just for the fun of it for me, but i also have 2 kids. (15 & 11) i want them to have something available if they need it around here. we have all kinds of kooks around here. :mad: (plus the benefits of handling a handgun early....) all i ever shot until this yr was a rifle! :eek: i definately want them to have more experience than i had growing up. :)
  17. riverrat

riverrat New Member

rosierita: the recoil on both of these Firestorms in very minimal. The .40 cal has noticable muzzle rise, but is managed easily with practice. My wife has no problem with either of these weapons! Hope this helps!
  18. the_end

the_end New Member

Ok, I'm not a very knowledgeable shooter but I've got a little experience. Been plinking my entire life and I'm a former Marine so I've got some range time under my belt but that's about it :)

Took it out today and had limited time so I just put 100 rounds through it. Feels great in my hand, everything is very easy to operate without jarring your shooting hand out of position to release the slide or mag, or operate the safety.

Recoil is minimal and very controllable. Not a single jam through the entire 100 rounds. I expected at least a few with a brand new gun but none at all.

I only shot out to about 15 yards but it was extremely accurate. I read a review where once the writer got out to about 25 yards the groups became fairly sloppy but at closer ranges, it was dead on. I can vouch for close range accuracy. I didn't buy the thing for competition anyways so even if that were true, it wouldn't bother me :)

I really don't have any gripes about the pistol. I didn't like the fact that it didn't come with a case or extra mag but it was pretty inexpensive so I can't really complain :) The finish is a little crude on the slide but not too bad. I'm definitely happy with my purchase though! In fact, I'm probably going to pick up the .380 or 22lr version for the wife.
    Last edited: May 2, 2005
  19. rosierita

rosierita New Member

1st off & most importantly...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY!!

its an honor to be posting w/ you! :)

15 yds is usually the distance we use for shooting pistols too & in all honesty, if i were to actually have to shoot someone (in self defense of course)..... my guess would be that they would be closer to me than that anyway, before i decided to actually shoot them. (i dont know if that is a good thing or a bad thing! LOL!)
    sweet! :D me thinks that gun is calling my name now...... cant you hear it?? allyson! allllllllyyyyyyyssssoooooonnnnn! :D

:D that voice is getting louder! :eek: LOL!! :D

LOL! seriously! i think a firestorm is definately on my "to get" list! i think i'll just have to get more comfy w/ my 38 before i actually buy a 40. i think part of my problem w/ my 38, is the actualy size of the grip. it's SHORT!!
    [​IMG]

i am dealing w/ it better now than i was before tho.
  20. the_end

the_end New Member

I have the same .38 I think, S&W?

The recoil on the firestorm is similar to the .38 if not less but those grips suck on the .38 haha. The 9 is way more comfterable and fun to shoot.