1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Firestorm FS 22 - Anyone have one?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Laserlips, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Laserlips

Laserlips New Member

I am considering the purchase of a new Bersa/Firestorm FS22. I keep reading great things about the Bersa Thunder line, but have no need of a larger caliber pistol, as I have more than enough of those already. I just want a accurate, reliable plinker which will double as maybe a snake/rat gun when I'm in the woods.. Any experience with this model or input would be greatly appreciated.

2. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Spend a few bucks more and get a Ruger 22/45.

LTS
  3. Laserlips

Laserlips New Member

Thanks, but it's not the money, I just like the looks of the Firestorm FS 22. I've had Rugers in the past, and they are great firearms, but I'm just kinda dialed into this particular pistol.. Appreciate it tho!
  4. lead

lead Well-Known Member

These look good and alot easier to take down than a 22/45. The other guns being made by Firestorm have a good reputation. My question is, when I looked on Davidson's site to see this model it is listed as being available in western states only. Why? Those west coast snobs don't think Yankees can appreciate a nice gun? What's up with that? :rolleyes:
  5. Laserlips

Laserlips New Member

I'll letcha know.. I'm checking it out..

Followup: According to the Firestorm website the U.S. is divided into 4 (more or less) quadrants. Apparently the ad you read somehow was associated with the distributer for that particular quadrant. I have a gun shop dealing with a wholesaler from this area (SE quadrant), and hopefully will be able to get me one. I'll keep ya updated. :)
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  6. Laserlips

Laserlips New Member

I got the Firestorm FS22 a couple of weeks ago, and it is a sweet little pistol. Over 750 rds. and nary a bobble. I paid $220 for it, and it's a real bargain. Reliable, very accurate, lifetime warranty... A couple of my friends shot it and now want one. The "available on the W. Coast only" was just referring to that "particular" wholesaler. I had no trouble getting one in 2 days after my favorite gun shop took the order. I like it so much I might buy another Bersa/Firestorm pistol before long. It's a keeper.. Check 'em out @ www.GunBlast.com, (archived articles Nov '04)
  7. lead

lead Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update and review. I'm glad it's been such a good buy for you. Are you shooting high speed ammo? Will it shoot standard velocity ammo?
    Keep enjoying it, sounds like a good gun at a good price.
  8. Laserlips

Laserlips New Member

The www.GunBlast.com article said the FS22 in fact would NOT cycle perfectly with the standard velocity ammunition. Apparently the standard velocity stuff just isn't powerful enough. I have only used the Remington "gold bulltets" high velocity ammo that sells at Wally World for about $9.00 for 550rds. I did run some CCI mini-mags thru it, no problems. I do have some CCI Green Box standard velocity ammo I had for my old "High Quality" HighStandard target pistol which would ONLY function properly with that particular ammo. I'll give that a try next week, expecting problems. All of the new 22 ammo I've run thru the FS 22 has been 100% reliable. I did have some mis-fires with some old (10yrs or more) ammo. Guess I'll keep the standard velocity stuff for my 22 rifles. I seriously love this Firestorm pistol tho.. It is very, very sweet.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2005
  9. jhpsr

jhpsr New Member

I've got the model with the 6" barrel. It is highly accurate and functions flawlessly with Remington Yellow Jacket ammo. It does not
    like the WalMart/Federal bulk ammo. I'll be glad to send pictures
    for those that have are not familiar with the 6" model.
  10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

While you are looking, if you haven't already spent your money. Take a look-see at the Browning Bench Mark series. From the basic BM Camper ($250 - $275) to the fancy shooters, the trigger, innards, and barrels are all the same. Excellent trigger out of the box, easy to modify all sorts of little things, replacement triggers, etc. I have two to go along with my Ruger Mark standard and Single six.
    Great guns and a good feel. I know of several who went from the Ruger 22/45 to the BM. Enjoy what ever you get. :)
  11. obxned

obxned New Member

We have one. Every range trip it sees 500 or so rounds through it. Everyone loves to shoot it. I may buy another just so I get to shoot more.

It functions flawlessly with the 40g el cheapo ammo, but not 100% with the bargain basement 36g. Naturally, it loves any of the better grade ammo.

One big plus with the FireStorm: any experience gained with it translates well to the FireStorm or Bersa .380, the Walther .32 or .380, and the Makarov or FEG 9X18. They are all virtually identical in size, weight, and controls.

All in all, it is a heck of a lot of bang for your buck!
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2008