FIRESTORM MAGS

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 9, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

cruiser348
    (2/26/03 3:39:42 pm)
    Reply FIRESTORM MAGS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am looking to pick up an extra mag or two for my Firestorm .45. However I have gotten mixed answers on the compatibility of Colt mags in the Firestorm. I was under the impression that they work but was told today that the mag catch was at a different location on the Colt mag than on the Firestorm. If this is true can anyone tell me where to get more mags for this gun?

PCAD12
    (2/26/03 9:10:07 pm)
    Reply mags
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know aa guy whos using some cheap MecGar mags in his firestorm. dont know how well they work but i do believe they work.

cruiser348
    (2/26/03 10:14:08 pm)
    Reply firestorm or colt?
    Are these mags specifically for the Firestorm or are they actual Colt 1911 style mags?

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/27/03 9:27:04 am)
    Reply Re: firestorm or colt?
    I think they'll fit, but.......why not get the info straight from the horse's mouth?

You can Email the importer at: firestormsgs@aol.com

magnum74
    (2/28/03 12:02:49 pm)
    Reply Firestorm mags
    I myself own a Firestorm. I asked the salesperson how much the Firestorm mags would run me. He told me they'd cost a pretty penny from the manufacturer(if I recall correctly he said they run like $30 each). So I went ahead and got two 8 round Chip McCormick "Shooting Star" mags. Each one only runs you half the price of an original Firestorm mag(around $15 each) and they fit fine. Plus you get an extra round in the Chip mags and a nice extended floor plate. Hope this helps!

Supradraco
    (2/28/03 1:32:14 pm)
    Reply mags
    I havent found any 1911 mags that will not fit the firestorm 45 yet. The mag release is in the same spot on my firestorm compact 45.