Firestorm opinions

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Pistolenschutze, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Have any of you had experience with the Bersa/Firestorm 9mm subcompact pistols? I was looking at one yesterday and it was being offered at a fairly good price, but I've had no experience with them. I would appreciate your input.
  2. Smoky14

Smoky14 Member

I gambled and bought one a few months back, like you it just tugged at me until I took it home.
    It has been 100% reliable as far as function running me own reloads,WM white box, and over 2h rnds of Hydra-shok.
    It will hold under 2min of felon which is good enough for a short barrel gun.
    For the price it is hard to beat.
    Smoky's 2cents worth.
    Ah go ahead and take it home.
  3. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

No 9's... but,

My brother and I have owned a pair of Mini-FireStorms in .40 for a few years and love 'em. A little rough at first they smoothed out real nice after a couple hundred rounds. Each have around three thousand rounds through them and have been problem free. I'd say they're a good bang for the buck.

The only ammo I've found mine doesn't like too well is anything Speer. It's trouble free with anything factory from Remington and UMC; Winchester; Federal; Sellier & Bellot; Fiocchi. And any handloads using the brass from those manufactures.
    All of my Speer factory loads and handloads made with Speer brass gets digested by my PT-140. The only ammo this pistol doesn't like of the above mentioned is the S&B stuff.
  4. cohoskip

cohoskip New Member

Summer: Chimacum, WA; Winter: Casa Grande, AZ
    I have a Bersa Thunder 9mm UC that Is really fun to shoot. It fits my hand perfectly. And accurate to boot... :D
  5. Laserlips

Laserlips New Member

FWIW:

I "had" a Bersa Thunder 9/UC. It was an excellent pistol. I had too many 9's and let it go, but not because it wasn't a very good firearm
    [​IMG]

I have a Firestorm FS22. One of the better rimfire pistols I've ever owned. Excellent reliability, very accurate, fun shooter.

[​IMG]

Reasonable price, lifetime warranty...

You won't be disappointed with a Bersa/Firestorm.:D

J.Pomeroy

P.S. My understanding is that the only Bersa pistols that were ever "iffy" were the 1911 style 45cal Bersa's made by Llama in Spain. These pistols are no longer made, and I believe all of the B/F offerings are now made in-house in Argentina.
  6. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Only thing I can comment on is what I know... I have a Bersa Thunder 380 that I use for carry and I have no complaints.
  7. Michael G

Michael G New Member

I carried a Bersa Thunder 380 for four or five years. No problems out of the box. Very accurate. After about 1500 rounds I traded it to my brother for a S&W 39-2 that I liked. I would have no doubts about buying another one.
  8. lslubecki

lslubecki New Member

I have a Firestorm 1911 Govt. and love it. Got it used for 250. I find extra "Colt" mags at the gun shows for $7. I used it to get my NRA teaching license. Double taps are easy. It just feel right.

Steve
  9. VegasTech702

VegasTech702 New Member

I have owned my Bersa T380 for over a year now, the finish is nothing to ride home about but the pistol functions perfectly and I carry it regularly. It is very accurate and easy to clean. I am thinking about purchasing the FS22 and maybe another T380 and giving my original one to a family member as a gift.
  10. obxned

obxned New Member

We recently got one and are so impressed we will be buying another ASAP!