firestorm

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 8, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

mjhgecko
    (12/22/02 1:40:03 am)
    Reply firestorm
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am considering purchasing this gun. It seems like a good deal for a new .45 (around $300.00) I have read a few bad reviews on the net. Just wondering if anyone has owned
    one. or knows anything about them. It comes with a “lifetime warranty” so I’m thinking what the hell. I love the grips on this gun. They are rubberized it just fells good in my
    hands.

Edited by: mjhgecko at: 12/22/02 1:43:35 am

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/22/02 1:49:47 am)
    Re: firestorm
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome to TFF

I don't know enough to comment about it but I am sure one of the guys here can help you.
    In 49 states ignorance is a crime.In the other one it is bliss.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/22/02 9:59:54 am)
    Reply Re: firestorm
    Hi mjhgecko.....Welcome to TFF.

I haven't seen or handled a Firestorm, but...

I believe that Firestorm is a cheaper version of the Llama.....and Llama does not have a reputation for the greatest reliability.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but.....some companies have a lifetime warranty because they make a rugged quality product (like Zippo lighters).....others, because they make junk and that's the only way they can get anybody to buy 'em.

A lifetime warranty is only good as long as the company is still in business.

However......keep checking back. Hopefully somebody with real experience with this gun will stop by.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/22/02 10:55:10 am)
    Re: firestorm
    Xracer has spoken well to this.

The firestorm is not a very quality weapon. I have fired them...know a couple of folks who have/had them.

In that price range, I would look at stuff like:

Daly

or

Molina

Or best of all...save a little and get a Springfield Mil Spec...grips are easily obtained anywhere!

"A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!"

Paid for by the Xracer and Boom-atic for Federal Office Campaign

Jbobin
    (12/23/02 11:23:37 am)
    Reply RE: Firestorm
    I was in the same situation. If you have a good relationship with the local gun shop, you can let them know what you are looking for. My local guys have about 1000 total guns in his shop, with 80+ .45's. They have the new Firestorm, new LLama MiniMax and many used guns. I took my time, was patient and they called one day and had a great older Colt Gold Cup for about $425. There was also some used Springfields, Charles Daly's, and others. I have added a couple of items to the Gold Cup and all the parts have fit with little or no modification and the gun is really reliable.

The cheaper guns are new and have warranty's, but you always, always get what you pay for. Just my opinion.
  2. teefaust

teefaust New Member

I had a MiniFirestorm, kept it for two weeks. I can't remember shooting one full magazine without at least one jam. I bought a Charles Daly today, went and shot it and I love it. It worked flawlessly for me, I would reccomend it to anybody.
  3. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Welcome to TFF teefaust! I've looked at a lot of Charles Daly's, glad to hear a good report on 'em!...;)
  4. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok New Member

Only 3 FTF's with mine, and those were some HP reloads I bought at the gun show. Shoots FMJ's just fine. I made some wooden grips for mine too. Had to make my own since the grip screws are farther apart than any other 1911. Why did they do that? Anyway the grips turned out pretty darn good if I don't say so myself. Also been thinking about getting a few stainless pieces to "dress" it up some. Like a barrel bushing, slide release, thumb safety, hammer, grip safety, and trigger.
  5. MarkBall

MarkBall New Member

I just bought one at the local gunshow. It's got the stainless frame, blued slide, barrel & bushing.

I was looking for a .45 & having sent off for my C&R, was thinking about a C&R .45. Boy are those things expensive. I saw some 1940's 1911's upward of $1100.00, a couple of Argentina Sistema's for over $650.00.

This one was new & unfired. It's going to have to be gone over some, but as a starter, it will give me a "bottom of the barrel" position.

I also got 4 mags, 100 rounds & holster for under $375.00. Not to bad for a big gun. Haven't had time to test it yet - work & too much snow/cold. Should be able to get it to run later this month.

Mark
  6. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok New Member

Hi Mark, glad to have someone "on my side" so to speak. I would really like to know how your Firestorm performs, so when you get the chance to go shooting post the results for us.