1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

FIRST ANNUAL TFF DEER HUNT!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pat Hurley, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Attendance at the First Annual TFF Convention in Tombstone was so good, I figured we should capitalize on the momentum. :rolleyes:

Actually, I found a decent deer hunt in the South Carolina low country - known for big fat bucks, tender does, and fried chicken that's outta sight - that is really aggressively priced... $250 per day (includes food, lodging, two hunts per day, quartering of kills, etc.) and kids are $150 per day. 2 deer per day limit.

The lodge is wide open on the weekend of October 12-14. It can accomodate up to 22 persons. Minimum five person parties, and then the lodge and all hunting grounds are ours exclusively. Nearest airport is Savannah GA, but Charleston SC is a close second.

OK, any interest? :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  2. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

How much is the Out of state license, Pat?

HHhhmmm...that sounds tempting, and I used to drive to Disgusta all the time with my last job so that wouldn't be a problem either, I can make it in 10-12 hours or so even with stops....Hhhmmmmmm....
  3. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Approximately $140 for a three day license.
  4. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Well, we have four people confirmed for the hunt in October. :) Anyone else seriously interested? We need at least five to make it a closed, private hunt.
  5. durk

durk New Member

Is this a rifle hunt or a bow hunt?
  6. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

heey, your in my neck of the woods now...I may have to break out the 300wsm and join you guys
  7. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Can't make it (obviously) but what do you mean by "2 deer per day limit?" and "$140 for three day license", I'm not good at math but that sounds like six per person. :D :D :D :D Or are you just teasing and that's a two per day limit for the party?
  8. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Either/or, I believe. I'll be shooting them with a rifle (Remington 700 BDL in .270)
  9. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

South Carolina law dictates that only 2 deer may be harvested per day, per hunter. And the SC Hunting License is $140ish per person for the entire three day hunt.

Oh, and why can't you "obviously" make it? You're coming and that's all there is too it, damn it!

Well, who else is comin'?!?!
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  10. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

i'm in SC... my parents will be making a trip to branson sometime around then & i'll be babysitting the farm for them... depending on when their trip is, maybe we can drive down & at least meet everyone.:) if i'm babysitting the farm, i doubt i'll be able to make the trip.:(
  11. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

We will be booking this hunt by Friday. Dates are October 12-15. Last chance for those who wish to join us. Click on the link below for more info.

www.southcarolinawhitetails.com
  12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I've never been deer hunting before, but I only live about an hour west of Savannah.
  13. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Wellllllllll, let's get some reservations made! Call Tony at (803) 465-0060. We arrive on Friday, October 12th at about 3pm (just in time for the afternoon hunt). Hunt for two solid days and leave on Monday morning (October 15th). Food, lodging, transportation to the stands, and some prep of your kills is included. Only thing other than $650.00 you'll need is a South Carolina hunting license with a big game endorsement, and a big tall glass to accomodate the whiskey sours I'm gonna be blending back at the the lodge.

Keep me informed.