First Day Shooting

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by JohnnyRobotic, Feb 2, 2004.

1. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

I had a chance to go out to range with the instructor who taught my pistol safety class this sunday afternoon and i used his .22 caliber to pass the test but he brought all his pistols this time for my father and I to try out, the first group i had with the .22 was at the bottom left but i was actually grouping so he suggested on my own gun i would adjust sights but obviously his gun was sighted for him and i didn't wanna mess it up. But we shot the .22 Ruger, My fathers Glock 17, Springfield Arms 1911-A1, .357 ruger using magnum loads and also .38 loads, funny to mix them and watch for flinches lol, and lastly was his .44 magnum which upon firing off a few rounds i knocked some debris off the roof of the pistol range awning and turned some heads at the range when that hand cannon went off.

Out of all I loved the 1911, the .357 was great also i loved the fact that if you wanna make some serious noise you can or if you wanna tone it down you can pop in the .38's plus it was a nice solid feeling gun, also my dads glock was a great shooter, real comfortable, i bought my sw1911 and now it makes it even worse that i gotta wait longer to go shoot again(trying to find time to pick it up), def glad i chose a 1911 for my first gun though, can't wait to see how mine shoots

But the reason they are all over is i tried different methods of sighting and different positions, and different actions on the revolvers, since it was a noob shoot the targets where about 15ft or so away but i knocked the middle bullseye off with the 357 magnum wadcutter so i put it back on over the hole i think took it off, but over all was a hell of a fun day and can't wait to get back there

[​IMG]
  2. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Yes Sir Johnny, it sounds like you had a good day alright!
    It's a great source of R&R ... ain't it? lol

Congrats!!!

I know you're itchin' to get your S&W 1911, I'm anxious for you too. ;)

We're all waiting for the next range report!
  3. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Sounds like you had a great outing J-R! Be safe and continue to have fun! Hope your new shooter gets to you soon also!!!...;)