1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

First Day Shooting

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by JohnnyRobotic, Feb 2, 2004.

1. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

I had a chance to go out to range with the instructor who taught my pistol safety class this sunday afternoon and i used his .22 caliber to pass the test but he brought all his pistols this time for my father and I to try out, the first group i had with the .22 was at the bottom left but i was actually grouping so he suggested on my own gun i would adjust sights but obviously his gun was sighted for him and i didn't wanna mess it up. But we shot the .22 Ruger, My fathers Glock 17, Springfield Arms 1911-A1, .357 ruger using magnum loads and also .38 loads, funny to mix them and watch for flinches lol, and lastly was his .44 magnum which upon firing off a few rounds i knocked some debris off the roof of the pistol range awning and turned some heads at the range when that hand cannon went off.

Out of all I loved the 1911, the .357 was great also i loved the fact that if you wanna make some serious noise you can or if you wanna tone it down you can pop in the .38's plus it was a nice solid feeling gun, also my dads glock was a great shooter, real comfortable, i bought my sw1911 and now it makes it even worse that i gotta wait longer to go shoot again(trying to find time to pick it up), def glad i chose a 1911 for my first gun though, can't wait to see how mine shoots

But the reason they are all over is i tried different methods of sighting and different positions, and different actions on the revolvers, since it was a noob shoot the targets where about 15ft or so away but i knocked the middle bullseye off with the 357 magnum wadcutter so i put it back on over the hole i think took it off, but over all was a hell of a fun day and can't wait to get back there

[​IMG]
  2. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Yes Sir Johnny, it sounds like you had a good day alright!
    It's a great source of R&R ... ain't it? lol

Congrats!!!

I know you're itchin' to get your S&W 1911, I'm anxious for you too. ;)

We're all waiting for the next range report!
  3. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Sounds like you had a great outing J-R! Be safe and continue to have fun! Hope your new shooter gets to you soon also!!!...;)