First National Test of Emergency Alert System

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 45nut, Oct 25, 2011.

1. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Look here

The Blaze recently reported that at 2 p.m. EST on Wednesday, November 9th, The Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Federal Communications Commission will conduct the first-ever national test of the Emergency Alert System, where radio and televised broadcasts across the country will be disrupted for roughly…three-and-half minutes:

“In essence, the authority to seize control of all television and civilian communication has been asserted by the executive branch and handed to a government agency,” wrote Buck Sexton in our earlier report.

During the upcoming test, an audio message will likely recite, “this is a test” while text at the top of the screen might read that an “Emergency Alert Notification has been issued.”

While emergency broadcast tests are typically used by state and local governments to issue severe weather alerts and other emergency information, there has never been a nationwide activation of the system before. Federal agencies cite the reasons for the national test are to ensure emergency preparedness and to pinpoint flaws in the new EAS system.

Meanwhile, the thought of the nation’s broadcast systems being completely cut off for nearly four minutes — in addition to broadcasters being stripped of control — has left many, including Glenn, feeling unsettled over who, exactly, will have power over our airwaves.

When speaking about the old EBS tests, Glenn said that it “didn’t take control away from the broadcaster.” The new system, however, “seizes control of the broadcast frequency.”

“If the state wants to take control…they can just take it and there is nothing I can do about it” Glenn stated.

Oh yeah, this is going to turn out well. I hope y'all are ready. Change is coming. Jack404 can tell us what's in store I'm thinking!
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

welcome to the UN !!

this is not a test , its a milestone in history

the last bastion of people in control of government is gone

next will be the net , control of which has been handed free, from the US to the UN and consortium , seen that national network plan ? looks ok eh ?

take a look at the tender spec's for filtering and control and blocking

companies are signing on to get the cheap money to do it , but its placed control of the net in the US to a obscure department thats run via DHS and DOJ

we have the national broadband network being built here now

we already have digital TV... you gotta have a key to create a channel... so "Pirate" TV stations are no longer possible unless the gov issues a key that they can revoke in seconds .. they keys are such that the gov can, and this has been done here already , kill one 1/2 hour show .. and we still dont know why because of laws here called a "D" notice and broadcasters get gaoled if they breach em ..

and they already got most of the guns and theres a good sized group working against the rest of them too

yeah , either fight it or get used to it ,
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  3. 45nut

45nut Active Member

I guess I need Kutaho to teach us some smoke signals. :eek: :D

I kid, I kid. Actually, this has me very concerned and I've been telling my friends and family that TROUBLE is a coming and yet they treat me like chicken little. I have calmed down some, but still, it's very troubling to see folks just climbing aboard the train without a fight. Sheeple need to wake the :mad: up.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

well your prisons have been the test for the smaller and implemented in CA mobile blocking system

that IS a world first

a sub state ( CA ) having the ability to block all mobile phones ..
  5. 45nut

45nut Active Member

BUMP.......

Let's pay attention people. Time to test our skills. :eek:
  6. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

"THE SKY IS FALLING!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!"

Seems we as a nation went through this when the EBS (Emergency Broadcast System also known as the Emergency Alert System) was being set up at the state levels. and now as then, the station has to VOLUNTEER to be part of that system. there are stations who refuse to be part of it and that is OK. the GOV dont seem to have a problem with them.
  7. 45nut

45nut Active Member

(Says the folks in Weimar Germany as Adolf was taking control)

The Federal Emergency Management Agency said the test is not a pass/fail situation for broadcasters, but rather a "chance to establish a baseline" for future tests and help make improvements.

"The Emergency Alert System is one of many tools in our communications toolbox," said Damon Penn, a FEMA assistant administrator.

Under the FCC's rules, radio and television broadcasters, cable operators, satellite digital audio radio service providers, direct broadcast satellite service providers and wireline video service providers are required to receive and transmit presidential EAS messages to the public. A national test will help federal partners and EAS participants determine the reliability of the system, as well as its effectiveness in notifying the public of emergencies and potential dangers both nationally and regionally. The test will also provide the FCC and FEMA a chance to identify improvements that need to be made to build a modernized and fully accessible Emergency Alert System.

This doesn't sound like a voluntary program to me. But hey, I'm just Chicken Little yo!
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  8. hunter29180

hate to tell you this syatem has been in place for many years!!
    in 1971 a false National Alert was sent! thats what over 40 ys ago??:eek:

"Despite these safeguards, the system was inadvertently activated at 9:33 AM EST on February 20, 1971. Teletype operator W. S. Eberhardt accidentally "played the wrong tape" during a test of the system.[3] As a result, an EBS activation message authenticated with the codeword "hatefulness" was sent through the entire system, ordering stations to cease regular programming and broadcast the alert of a national emergency. A cancellation message was sent at 9:59 AM EST; however, it used the same codeword again. A cancellation message with the correct codeword, "impish," was not sent until 10:13 AM EST.[4]

This false alarm demonstrated major flaws in the EBS. Many stations had not received the alert, but more importantly, the vast majority of those that did ignored it, or did not know what to do during an emergency.[5] While several stations went off the air, the one best remembered was WSNS-TV (Ch 44) in Chicago, which broadcast the 1971 events as they happened, a recording of which has become available from WOWO.

Numerous investigations were launched, and several changes were made to the EBS. Among them, the on-air alert announcement was streamlined, eliminating one version of the script that warned the audience of an imminent attack against the country. (The WOWO broadcast above does not contain the reference to an attack.)"

form this link...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Broadcast_System

Chicken Little am I...sky fell over 40 yrs ago..
  9. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Man life is good if you know the right buttons to edit....er push. :D
  10. hunter29180

:lmao2::lmao2: I was laughing with you!! personally thought your comment was not rude just funny!
  11. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

O.K. ...... it's after 2:00 PM ( or 1400 hrs. ) depending on how you tell time .... What
    did you notice in the communication network ?

I had the T.V. on, the computer on, and was on the phone with my wife .... guess I
    missed it .
  12. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I went and turned on the TV, to see what it was.

Banner across the top of the screen saying something about an emergency in "these counties" - and then listed District of Columbia, DC. Said the emergency would be until 1318 CST.

That was it. Then the banner went away. No loud noises. No interruption of any programming. Just the banner.

I channel surfed while it was on. The banner ran one time and then disappeared, on all channels except the Food Network. On that channel it kept repeating. But still, the show was on, there was no klaxons blaring. Just the banner scrolling across the top of the screen.

I honestly don't know what all the heartburn was about.
  13. Songman

Songman Member

Hmmmm... I think they changed the entire television system over to one where they can now watch us in our homes through our TV sets...

OK, let's spread this obviously nutty rumor and see how long it takes to saturate the internet! haha
  14. 45nut

45nut Active Member

It was a flop. Most people didn't hear or see the message. And this bunch of clowns wants to run healthcare? :D :D :D :eek:
  15. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

At 3:30, which was two hours and twelve minutes AFTER the test was over, I looked at the Food Network again. Damn banner still sliding across the top of the screen.