1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

First new rifle in decades...pics

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Charles Christensen, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Charles Christensen

Charles Christensen New Member

Here are some pics of that Marlin 444 that I got at an auction. I just completed a cleaning and light lubing. I have found out that it was made 5 years ago. It does not appear to have ever been used outside the factory. The bore was sharp and bright and there isn't a scratch on it. What looks like marks in the pictures is really lint from the rags and patches.

I found that someone had done a bad job of scratching the last 3 numbers of the serial number on the underside of the bolt. A couple of the picture show the base, rings and scope that I will put on next - all new.

Attached Files:

2. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Well-Known Member

Looks like you are about ready to shoot!
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

You got a great deal on that one ! When are you going to get it to the range? ASAP, that's probably what you'll say!;):D
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

thats a clean rifle. Now what ya waitn for.. theres deers need killin in them woods.
  5. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nice rifle. I like that caliber.
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I had the same rifle years ago. Good round. I sold it as it cost to much to shoot as much as I wanted to.
  7. Charles Christensen

Charles Christensen New Member

I think this next weekend I'll get the scope set up then plan a trip to the range to get it zeroed reasonably well before the weather gets too cold.

As I don't do any real hunting anymore I am thinking I will offer it up for sale - you know, buy it play with it, put a box or two through it and then sell it for a bit of a profit. I figure this could be a good piece for a hand-loader as there is no action that needs cycling during the firing cycle so it would lend itself to lighter loading for smaller game. And I will start whoever buys it with a couple of boxes of once-fired brass.