First new toy in over a year.

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by phlmorgan, Mar 5, 2008.

1. phlmorgan

phlmorgan New Member

I just bought my first new gun in over year. A Taurus 24/7 Pro in 9 mil. I picked it up at local Academy and it felt good in the hand and just had to buy it.

I took it to the range and put about 200 rounds in it. Shot fine. Not as acurate, or should I say consistantly acurate, as my Ruger P-89 but might just need to get used to it. (as usual was shooting several guns and I really need to bring just one and get aclimated to it) Love the fact it has a 17 shot capacity, but it is a bit hard to load the 17th round so I have just been using 16.

I have been upgrading my optics lately. New Leupold Binoculars and a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 to replace an old Bushnell.
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Sounds like it was past time for a new toy.
    Now feed it well.......and often. :D
  3. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

I have a Taurus Millennium PT-138 in .380 and I love it! A friend of mine has the 24/7 Pro and it was a very fun gun to shoot. The only problem I had with my Taurus was with a bad magazine and after changing it never had another problem. I also have a Ruger P-89 and it has been a very good shooter as well.
  4. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

Congratulations on your purchase. There are many happy 24/7 PRO owners out there. A guy I sometimes talk to on another board has 10,000 + rounds through one of his 24/7 PRO .45s and has had zero problems with it from what he's related to me. Good shooting and best wishes.

www.taurusarmed.net