first post to forum

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by argie1891, Feb 8, 2010.

1. argie1891

argie1891 New Member

I recently purchased a Smith and Wesson model 431pd in 32 magnum. i now have 5 guns in this caliber. I was usng a smith airlite 22 lr. as my carry gun . I have read many posts about the need for a high power large capicity mag. and i do agree that it is nice to have the power. I also have a colt gold cup, ruger 9mm, smith 38 and 357, but cant wrap myself around the extra weight. i prefer a hand gun that fits in my pocket, something that i can carry all the time and not have to worry about the size or weight. The 32 mag gives me one more shot than the 38 snub, and only tips the scale at about 12 oz. Anyway i have a Dan Wesson 32 mag with a 6 and 4 inch blr. a ruger bisley. i reamed out the cylinder of my 1895 nagant revolver to 32 mag, and converted a single shot shotgun to 32 magnum. for the shotgun conversion i used a 3006 take off blr. and used it as a blr. liner chambered it to 32 mag. the only hard part was getting the new extractor that i had to make to work. finally got it to work 100% on the third one i made.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

argie1891

G'day and Welcome !

love the idea of the shotty conversion, heck thats great!!

got pic's ??

and more details about your work would be greatly appreciated

i'm converting a couple of flare guns to shotguns and your idea , well may make me put one aside for a similar project

cheers

jack
  3. Popeye

Popeye New Member

Greetings

Pictures of your work would be appreciated
  4. argie1891

argie1891 New Member

i will post pics tomorrow. i also converted a 20 ga. to the 32-40 winchester will post pics of both. joe gifford aka argie1891
  5. red14

red14 New Member

Welcome to the forum. I'd like to see them as well. I like that caliber also.
  6. argie1891

argie1891 New Member

I am posting pics of the shotguns i converted to pistol and rifle calibers the first is a 12 ga. that i paid 25 bucks for many years ago.I was given a 30/06 take off blr and cut off the chamber turned it down to use as a blr liner and chambered it to 32 magnum. with the reamer and all i have less than a hundred bucks in it and it actually shoots very well. the second is a stevens 20 ga. that i used a take off 8mm blr and chambered it to 32-40. Ok it is actually a 8mm-40 but the 2 thousands of an inch dosent seem to make much difference. The only hard part is making the extractor, I must admit i made 3 before i got one to function 100% of the time. I am currently looking for a double blr side by side or O/U that someone has blown up the blr. and i am going to try making a double rifle. I hope the pics come through as i am not really a computer wizzard. joe gifford aka argie1891

Attached Files:

7. blackcat_attilio

blackcat_attilio Member

Wellcome!
    Have fun shooting your kid! ;)
  8. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum,
    Hey..can ya convert my Stevens like that! j/k
    I have an old Stevens just like that one, minus the alterations!