1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

First rounds fired

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by springerbuster, Sep 13, 2009.

1. springerbuster

springerbuster New Member

I did it and it feels good. I fired my first reloaded rounds. I used 23.5 grains of AA2230c powder, Winchester primers and 55 grain bullets. I see no problems with the fired brass. What I am wondering is if this is an accurate load, should I try increasing powder? What is the point in going hotter? Is it common to just load to the minimum amount of powder? Thanks again for all your help, I think I am officially addicted.
  2. Freebore

Freebore New Member

The joy of reloading is the ability to find that perfect load. Each firearm has a particular load that gives the best accuracy, you're job as a reloader is to find the magic load. Going hotter is not always the best way to go, I would play around with what you have and find out what gives the best accuracy using the components you have. I would suggest shooting loads with half grain increments and see how accuracy goes.

Good luck....
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Freebore is spot on with his advice. I find most cartridges will do best somewhere in the middle of the road as far as starting and max charges go. I have only ever had one cartridge need to be at max to shoot accurately (.30 carbine)... good luck with your quest;)