First rounds fired

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by springerbuster, Sep 13, 2009.

1. springerbuster

springerbuster New Member

I did it and it feels good. I fired my first reloaded rounds. I used 23.5 grains of AA2230c powder, Winchester primers and 55 grain bullets. I see no problems with the fired brass. What I am wondering is if this is an accurate load, should I try increasing powder? What is the point in going hotter? Is it common to just load to the minimum amount of powder? Thanks again for all your help, I think I am officially addicted.
  2. Freebore

Freebore New Member

The joy of reloading is the ability to find that perfect load. Each firearm has a particular load that gives the best accuracy, you're job as a reloader is to find the magic load. Going hotter is not always the best way to go, I would play around with what you have and find out what gives the best accuracy using the components you have. I would suggest shooting loads with half grain increments and see how accuracy goes.

Good luck....
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Freebore is spot on with his advice. I find most cartridges will do best somewhere in the middle of the road as far as starting and max charges go. I have only ever had one cartridge need to be at max to shoot accurately (.30 carbine)... good luck with your quest;)