The Firearms Forum banner

First time shooting falling plates

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  gandry 
#1 ·
The local sportsman / conservation club has a falling plate shoot every Friday evening, and as the title indicates, I went for the first time last night. Although my best time at 5:38 is certainly not competitive, it was great fun. I didn't know what I was missing. This beats shooting paper by a country mile, you'll likely find me there nearly every Friday evening.:D

#3 ·
The range I belong to has some of them on one of the pistol ranges. One has round plates and the other one has them cut into animal shapes. Even though they are placed at the 50 yard line, I love to shoot AT them. It really is a tremendous amount of fun.

#4 ·
I shoot a steel match and a USPSA match monthly, and have found practicing just on a steel plate rack and a dueling tree have improved my accuracy quite a bit, as well as my times. Steel doesn't lie, you know when you have good hits. The more you shoot/practice on steel, the more accurate you become, as well as faster times. Enjoy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.