First time to a gun show.

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by gram22, May 10, 2003.

1. gram22

gram22 Guest

Yeah, so I went to my first gun show in Lake City, Florida today. I had to pay $5 to get in, unless I wanted to donate blood to a blood mobile outside for free entrance (no thank you). I went inside with the impression that I might find some parts for my Ruger 10/22, but sadly it was a very small uneventful show. I found one Condor 25rd steel-lips magazine for $65, I could get cheaper online. There were no other specific 10/22 parts there, and suprisingly... a scary amount of Nazi relics such as swastika flags and infantry helmets. They did have a nice selection of hard to find firearms, and their selection of .22lr was great. Lots of Aguila stuff, dirt cheap. In reflection, unless I had the intention of buying a firearm in there, my $5 could have been better spent somewhere else. Perhaps in the future I will have the luck to go to a much bigger gun show where I might actually find something worth-while.
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Hang in there, 22 -

Most "gun shows" have about half gun related material and the other half is junk that has no bearing on firearms. I mean, stamp collectors, button collectors, kewpie dolls, cosmetics, etc.

Sure wish the people running the shows would restrain themselves from reaching greedy hands out to exhibitors with all the fluff stuff and realize the customers coming in the doors are interested in firearms and related accessories.

Most of the parts displayed at shows seem oriented toward the black guns - very little for the common, everyday handgun or rifle. Those parts that are available are usually pretty well used and cruddy - like someone found an old dirty tool box in the shop or garage and it contained exchanged parts. 'Course, they're priced like solid gold, too!
  3. rayra

rayra New Member

Yup. that's the way of it with small shows.
    Consider the entrance fee an 'Explorer's Cost' - Go and eyeball everything to get an appreciation of what is typical for that show. Then if you ever have a need for something you can find there, you'll know where to go.

The other end of the spectrum is shows that are so huge you practically have to run through them to cover it all. And that if you don't buy something you find on the spot, you likely won't find it again.

(shrug)
    All part of the 'hobby'.
  4. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Sorry!...

It wasn't such a good show...I usually shop over the net...or shop in the local gunshop...or shop from friends who have been to a gunshow...the few times I've been have left me a little dissapointed...of course that's just in the area I live in...[​IMG]
  5. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

Gram dontlet it get U down. Floda has shows EVERY weekend. Lake city NG? Try Lakeland. its a biggie. This stuff is like wimin, the chase is the "best " part. Get a copy of the "Gun List" any GOOD newstand, an READ>

SG I am sprised at U.All the shows in the buckeye an U cant find anything? Shit man, here in Joisey no such thingas a gunshow cept twice a year in Toms River an thats got lotsa controls.

I said Gun List NOT shotgun news. That aint fit ta wipe yur dupa, but yo thas my NSHO