First Trigger Job

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by firefighter1635, Aug 15, 2012.

1. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

I'm dropping my CZ75 Compact off at the shop Friday morning to get a "level 2 tatical trigger job" done to it. I cant wait to get it back and try it out, it'll be the first firearm i've ever owned that I had a trigger job done to it.

The smith said he'll lower the double action pull to around 7-8 lbs. and the single action pull to around 5 lbs plus it'll be smooth as butter so he says. I feel like a kid before X-mas! :D
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

One biggie about the CZ for me, massive trigger pull. Lightening should make a great shooter even better. Let us know when you get it out to the range.
  3. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Ya that's a biggie for me too. I love the way the gun shoots/feels in my hand and the thing is a tack driver but the trigger is amongst the worst i've ever owned. The smith said I won't even recognize the gun when he's done.

I'll keep ya updated on exactlly what he done to it and how it feels. He told me to bring a couple boxes of ammo when I pick it up and he'll let me use the indoor range for free to give it a whirl. ;)
  4. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

keep us posted,,,theres a guy up here in the Cities who is supposed to be a trigger Guru,,,I,m not un happy with the Factory but a little Mod my be Great improvement on a allready great Shooter
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

CZ get better over time but some people don't want to wait. 5lbs is good for them for carry. Cool thing about them is the wide range of trigger work that can be done. my 75 limited minor is a 2lb trigger but SA only. My P01 tactical is a 6lb da and 4 lb sa. The new Omega trigger group is a little harder to manage lighter weights but still a good set up.