1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Fish Fry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gabob, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

Went to an old fashioned Southern fish fry tonight. Had about 40 people there. There were four of us cooking. Also one of the fellows brought some smoked catfish. I cooked one cooker of catfish fillets and three cookers of french fries(10 lbs) Had two more cookers going with hush puppies and more fish fillets. There was another pot going with boiled peanuts. All kinds of pies and desserts.
    I ate too much
    :)

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee103/gabob1/101_0369.jpg
    http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee103/gabob1/101_0370.jpg
    http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee103/gabob1/101_0377.jpg
    http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee103/gabob1/101_0374.jpg
    http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee103/gabob1/101_0381.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  2. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Oh man, sorry I didn't show up. I guess my invite got lost in the mail right?!?!?! :D

Sounds like a great time was had even though I wasn't there anyway :p . Any pics?
  3. Bunny, you'd be willing to settle for catfish when you can have lobster, crab, coho, and chinook? :eek::D
  4. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Oh it's not "settleing" Pistol. Every time I am fortunate enough to make it to the South, my oh my, there's nothing can hold me back from some catfish. See it's sort of an "exotic" treat to us living WAY up here.

Didn't take us long to hi-jack this one did it Pistol?
  5. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Heck just being ing the same area as Gabob would be as much fun as eating the food.
    Now don't get me wrong I would have eaten my share :D
  6. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Sounds like a lot of fun was had by all, maybe ate to much but what the heck, tomorrow is another day and we may not eat at all. Send pictures if you have time. Bunny I am in the process of smoking some steelhead that we caught on the Snake River recently, sure wouldn't mind having some of the Coho you have in your neck of the woods. How about re-routing some of them to the Snake?;) I am also working on the other smoker for doing more than 50 pounds of meat at a time. Should be able to do about 150 to 175 in this old refrigerator that I have. All steel inside even the door. :) catfish
  7. Nope, not long at all, Bunny! :D;)

Cat, I just had a thought: If you were to enjoin in a catfish fry, wouldn't that be tantamount to canniblism???? :D;):p

I once did a lecture up in the Sierra Nevada mountains to a group of Pacific Gas & Electric Co. workmen who lived up there year round taking care of the dams and electrical supply facilities. After the lecture ended, one of them invited me over to his home for drinks. Along with the scotch, he brought out some homemade smoked trout he had made up. Man oh man was that stuff great eating!!!! Best I ever tasted. He got it just right!
  8. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

And why wasn't I invited? [​IMG]

Looks like a great party!! :)
  9. Need I point out that catfish (TFF members of the same name excepted, of course! ;)) are bottom feeders, existing mostly on the most odiferous, gawdawful stuff they can find to eat? Just thought I would mention that. :D;):p
  10. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Pistol that is what makes the fish taste so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

the pics are great bob!! & i'm sure the food was yummy.:)
  12. ThunderStick300MAG

ThunderStick300MAG New Member

Some catfish (namely the flathead) prefer live bait fish to dead decreped stuff on the bottom...

I actually fried some catfish up yesterday for lunch...pics will be in new thread in RUFFIT's
  13. Oh, don't get me wrong, Thunder. I like catfish too. I used to fish for the Channel cats back in California all summer. They make mighty fine eating, but one does have to get past the idea that you caught them using rancid chicken livers. :D;)
  14. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Hey Pistol, I forgot to mention that I do really like Kim Chee (quite odiferous) and Shrimp Fried Rice. :eek: :D catfish
  15. Egad, catfish!!!! You can stomach that stuff???? Kim chee would gag a maggot at 1,000 yards! It's worse than lima beans and pork c-rats! :eek::D