The Firearms Forum banner

Fish Tacos With A Spicy Avocado Cream Sauce

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  carver 
#1 ·

What happens to a lot of the fish caught everyday? They are deep fried in a batter that hides the delicious and distinct flavor of each fish species. I for one get pretty tired of the deep fried fish and chips that are the popular form of cooking delicious, white, flaky fish.

Don't get me wrong, there are times I love deep fried fish as much as the next guy. However, sometimes you want to taste the true flavor of the fish on your dish. This fish taco recipe has some simple seasonings that are designed to accent the delicious flavor of the fish used. Go light on the seasoning and you will be surprised how delicious your Bluegill, Bass, Perch or salt water fish tastes.

The spicy avocado sauce is delicious on this dish and gives it that fresh summer flavor, even if you are eating this dish in the late winter or early spring.

If you are limited to freshwater ponds and lakes, this is a great recipe for your early spring Bluegill, Bass and Perch. If you live by the ocean, you also have the opportunity to take advantage of Halibut, Sole and Flounder this time of year.

Get out and go fishing. When you get home, make sure to use this fish taco recipe on your fresh catch.

See less See more
#2 ·
The wife said she'd like to try this one.

.......If you are limited to freshwater ponds and lakes, this is a great recipe for your early spring Bluegill, Bass and Perch.....
Now that sounds good to me, walleye, crappie, but I'll eat about anything!

#3 ·
I like fish & chips, yes the deep fat fried. But they have become quite rare, at least around here.
However, everybody has a different recipe for the fish tacos, and many do have the not deep fat in batter type.
However, when you serve up those tacos for me, hold the sauce. I like just the fish part.
dc

#4 ·
I love a good fried fish dinner...preferably OUT at a good restaurant that sells a lot and had good portions (doggie bag!) and you don't smell it in the house all day. But I'll eat it cooked about any way, baked, steamed, broiled, and it's good for you!

We might go to Red Lobster tomorrow, got a $25 gift card from a friend, hello Alaskan King Crabs in drawn butter....ummmm.

#5 ·
I like fish as much as anyone else, but that recipe is not simple. Grill the fish, grate some cabbage, toss with a little thousand island dressing, place both the fish, and cabbage on a soft flour tortilla, and enjoy. You want just enough dressing to wet the cabbage, not make a soup out of it. Add in some LA hot sauce it you want a little kick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.