Fishy deal...

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by warpig, Mar 3, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

AntiqueDr
    (7/2/01 10:26:41 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Fishy deal...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sold a rifle on GB back in May, a Remington 700BDL in .270. Buyer was a NR, didnt worry me too much - I get a lot of those. Buyer claims to be an FFL, got USPS Money Order and FFL right on time. Then the buyer (user name "Hayward") emails me saying they have moved and wants to me to send the rifle to another address. Big-time illegal, I wont do it, told him so.

FFL is for "Apex Rifle Co, 5410 Commerce, Flagstaff AZ." Verified FFL through EZCheck, boxed up the rifle and off it went. And then it came right back. Stamped 'MOVED NO FORWARDING ADDRESS.'

Now it gets really weird. I have had the money AND the rifle since 5/21 or so. Not a word. Emailed "Hayward" and he said, "Oh, haven't got the new license in yet. No hurry." Called ATF Licensing Center in Atlanta - the lady that takes care of AZ doesnt have a change of address form on them. Emailed "Hayward" and told him I am sending his money back less the final value fee - I dont need this kind of business.

Oh, looks like he bought another rifle on 6/30... wonder what THAT license looks like...

Purveyor of Fine Firearms to the Enlightened Few
    www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (7/2/01 11:33:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Fishy deal...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AD, he ain`t related to "Haywood U. Sume" is he??? Smelly is right.

AntiqueDr
    (7/3/01 5:28:14 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Fishy deal...
    At the very minimum and assuming everything else is on the up-and-up, these folks are operating from an unlicensed premises.

OR.......... someone got ahold of some FFL copies from a business that went out and is trying to pull some crap!

Either way, count me out.

Purveyor of Fine Firearms to the Enlightened Few
    www.apaxenterprises.com

M Opaliski
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (7/3/01 7:11:13 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: Fishy deal...
    Sounds like a good move on your part, no need to draw undue attention.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Support your RKBA ... Buy a Firearm!
    NRA Life Member
    Talk Radio Junkie
    opaliski@hotmail.com
    TheFirearmsEnthusiast