Five dead after workplace shooting in Minneapolis, police say

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wv hillbilly, Sep 28, 2012.

1. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

Updated at 8:02 a.m. ET: MINNEAPOLIS - A gunman killed four people inside a Minneapolis sign-making business before turning the weapon on himself, authorities said early Friday.

The victims' bodies were found shortly after officers arrived at Accent Signage Systems Inc., located in a residential area in the city's north side, after receiving a 911 call Thursday afternoon, according to police spokesman Sgt. Stephen McCarty.

Follow @NBCNewsUS

"When officers arrived and entered the business to assist with the evacuation of employees, give aid to the victims and to search for the suspect, they found four victims dead from apparent gunshot wounds," McCarty said in a statement.

Four other people were wounded, including three critically. McCarty declined to identify those killed or wounded, and said he did not know what connection the shooter may have had with the business, if any.

'Kind of odd'
    Minneapolis Police Deputy Chief Kris Arneson said officers never fired at the shooter. She didn't release other details — including the shooter's possible motive.

Neighbor Heather Buckingham, who told NBC station KARE 11 that she formerly worked for Accent Signage Systems as a receptionist, said the gunman was an employee of the firm who had been laid off on Thursday.
  2. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

This is an example how work places should have firearms in them, especially when they lay someone off.
  3. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Also I wanted to mention how when my dad was driving a truck he told me, how another driver got caught drinking and driving and so the company fired him, and that same day he came back at night with a .357 and started shooting into the dispatcher office but luckily nobody got hurt. I hear about this too many times.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  4. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

A couple years ago a co-worker was reprimanded. They threatened to return with a shotgun and shoot the manager. They got fired the next day. Then they sued our employer and got their job back plus back pay for the 4 or 5 months they were off. There is a zero tolerance policy on carying any sort of personal protection where I work or even having it in your vehicle in the parking lot.

Go figure.
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Another case of the police being 5 minutes away when needed. One employee with a legally carried firearm could have possibly stopped this immediately.

You want to talk about not being allowed guns at work, try working for the Post Office.
  6. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Link?