FIxes and patches, and top Threats.

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

shooter22
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/25/01 10:56:10 pm)
    | Edit | Del All FIxes and patches, and top Threats.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    These links are for the kak worm fix and microsoft patch, and info on KAK. there is also a top threats list that all should know. I have a new found respect for viruses and worms. Hope these help. I run a check on the fixkak.exe and it proved legit. I down loaded it and run it and my computer said "Your computer has been fixed or restored."

then I run it again and it said: "your computer is not infected"

then I loaded the patch. I used the patch for windows 95/98,

TOP THREATS ACCORDING TO SYMANTEC: www.symantec.com/avcenter/

www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/wscript.kakworm.html All about the Kak worm

www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/wscript.kakworm.fix.html down load to fix kak

www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechNet/security/bulletin/ms99-032.asp down load to close windows error in programming, so It won’t happen again On this link I the one I used is about half way down the page.

shooter22

Edited by: shooter22 at: 7/26/01 12:01:38 am

Alphamale
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (7/26/01 12:33:56 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: FIxes and patches, and top Threats.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanx for the links Shooter. I closed the error so I wouldn't get the worm. As it turns out I don't have the kakworm, I have a JS.Seeker a JS.Seeker.B and a Trojan horse though, that I have to fix.
    To run from trouble is foolish, to look for it... even more so

shooter22
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/26/01 3:20:03 am)
    Well, I got Norton 2001 7.0 version for windows 95/98 and installed it. It says I am bug free again. Thank god! I will now resume email sending and receiving. I am not anywhere an expert on these critters, but I wiil search till the ends of the internet to find about them if you need any help. Nothing pissses me off more than good people getting jacked around by others with malice on their minds!

shooter22

Alphamale
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (7/26/01 4:35:22 am)
    Thanks for the offer, but for two of them I can just delete the infected files. I'll just have to go to the store sometime today and pick up a full anti-virus and run it.
    To run from trouble is foolish, to look for it... even more so

shooter22
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/26/01 4:57:58 am)
    I got Norton 7.0 2001 for 95/98 for $36.00 at Amazon.com in a downloadable form. It takes a while to get it all down loaded and run, but saved me time and trip to store. I went to Amazon.com and found a downloadable version. It worked fine. If you do it this way, be sure to have 5 a drive little disks for the back up/ restore feature, or have a zip drive.

shooter22

Different name
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/27/01 9:40:24 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: FIxes and patches, and top Threats.
    I'm free. Norton did the job for me...I'm clear. Thats a lot of carrying on! Who for what reason does this "Virus" kick?
    Charlie D
    -------------------------
    Virus visitations...not my bag