flashlight suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cycloneman, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I have a few flashlights... I went to visit the in-laws for Christmas, and I only took 5 with me. :D

I like Fenix lights. (My personal favorite is the no-longer-available TK40.) I really like the Petzl Zipka headlamp. I also have had good experiences with the light I bought from Goodnight Flashlights, a one-man operation that travels the gun show circuit with his products.
  3. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

LED'S are a whole lot brighter and prettier. I have plenty of them on my semi truck but as far as flashlights or spotlights I would go with a regular flashlight or spotlight because the led lights seem to concentrate in a small area where you shine at it but a regular light for me makes better light
  4. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

even the dim setting on my current tactical light is so bright that when i need to do close up work i have to switch to a dimmer light.
  5. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

Well thanks for all the suggestions.

I decided to buy 3 mini mags for 8.77 each. Came with pouch, and extra lenses at lowes. Like i said i am old school and i think the price for these led's are just a bit too high. Maybe in the next 5 to 10 years when i need to buy more they will have come down.

By the way I am gona fix my 3 d cell mag lite and i found a site with good prices on parts. Just in case anyone needs it

http://www.zbattery.com/Parts-homepage.htm
  6. Albtraum

Albtraum Member

7. glowdotGlock

glowdotGlock New Member

I have two of the best lights I have ever owned. I've had the older one for about 4 years now. The Coast LED lenser T7. It's around $60 at Lowes. It's smaller than what you mention. It's a 4 cell AAA. Focused or flood beam. I absolutely love these lights. I'd take it in the jungle with me. If you google the specs and reviews, I think you'll be impressed.
  8. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

I know these LED's are great. But I have a problem when I look around at things like a 50 dollar vcr and dvd players and 10 dollar cell phones and think to myself what makes a flashlight cost 60 to 160 dollars? There is not a whole lot of technology in that flashlight. There might be a circut board but come on what does that take to spit one out of china?

I have a friend of mine who bought a fenix flashlight and spent 179.00 for it. He tell me it is the next best thing to sliced bread. Great I said lets go fishing. "I cant afford it he says i have to pass". Great!

I cant see why these things are so expensive. Keep in mind they are just f****** flashlights. One day they will be cheaper much cheaper.

I try everyday to maintain my business and it is not easy. Today we dont make what we used to before the head negro in charge got in office. I have to watch every penny. I guess it wouldn't bother me if the cost of retooling was somethign i didn't have to worry about. But i do because retooling comes out of profit and lets all remember what the head negro in charge said 3 years ago "right now is not the time for profits". SO the reason I dont have nice LED flashlights is because there is a COMMIE NEGRO in office who is hell bent on destroying us and making our money worthless.

all hail the commie negro!

I guess you can tell i am not in a good mood today,.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  9. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Early this year Bill DeShivs offered one of his Delight flashlights here for the monthly drawing, which I won. This is an incredible little light. Runs on three AA batteries but the new model works on just one. It can focus from flood to spot and can throw quite a spot to about 100'. He sells them for about $25 and worth every penny. It is the only light that stays in my truck.
    Give it a look http://billdeshivs.com/bd/index.php..._id=95&zenid=db31c17a043ccf62f55a4c532b2b5c5c
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  10. sliclee

sliclee New Member

Saw one with LED'S and a solar panel recharges in or out.
    Anyone have one?
  11. RockinRiley

RockinRiley New Member

Wow, there are some really GREAT websites here, unfortunately I have had a thing for flashlights since I was a kid!!! I need to steer clear of this entire thread :) So, has anyone bought the weapon lights from here?
    http://nebotools.com/prod_details.php?id=94&cid=29

We have a couple of M&P 9mm's that could be dressed up with them if they are decent :cool:

This looked cool at a decent price too:
    http://www.dorcydirect.com/p-387-41-4295-130-lumens-led-flashlight-new-model.aspx

Then the maglite led, ebay item, looks like someone has tried it, was it o.k.? I have a 3cell D that I just changed the bulb in tonight that could use it! :)
  12. Millwright

Millwright Active Member

This is a "horses for courses" debate, IMO !

I have - and use - both types of lights. I bought HI "tactical" lights for both sons, myself and the wife. The sons are ER volunteers/professionals, while my wife and myself are too old to fight and too fat to run far !

FWIW, I find the intense light of the LEDs to be a boon for old eyes when searching for teeny objects and small liquid weeps in low light conditions ! Worked just dandy yesterday, BTW !

As I opened, "horse for...." >MW