Flight 93

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, Sep 1, 2006.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Just got done watching "Flight 93" on DVD with my wife and daughter....

If you didn't see it in theaters, make sure to rent a copy when it's released Tuesday.

It REALLY puts the last five years into perspective, and ANYONE who watches it that STILL "doesn't get it," has issues...

maybe even issues with being American.

RIP, Heroes of 9/11, RIP.

'Let's Roll."
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

It was a great movie when I seen it I would like to rent it to watch it again
  3. polishshooter

It gets released for sale and rental Tuesday, the only reason I got to see it is my wife works for a video store, and they have "free rentals" for employees the weekend before the release after they get the shipment, so they can tell customers about new stuff, plus they can't legally make any money on it UNTIL Tuesday.
  4. southernshooter

Legally huh;) I'm jokin with ya A&E was sellin them for a while because they created the Flight 93 movie
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

I haven't seen it.....and I don't think I will. I had two friends, "Racin' Buddies", on flight 93, and I think it would just be too painful.
  6. It's an extremely well wrought film, and a fine tribute to the kind of selfless heroism that is far more common than most people believe possible.
  7. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

It depends on which one you have seen. The movie (at movie house`s) was less than.

The A&E/FOX TV movie made long ago and canned because of the whining (too soon-too soon) was much better.

This time the TV made was better than the theater made and the tv was a well done budget film.

If rented or bought at BB, it is commercial free.

The plane in the field will simply bring the tissues out, enough said.

Never forget-----EVER!

LTS
  8. polishshooter

I don't know,X, maybe your buddies were in the charge to the front, I know plenty of mine that would have been out front too...it just MIGHT be a good tribute to them...

YEah, my wife and daughter were choked up at the end, but I had a strange emotion...sadness mixed with pride.

They fought the FIRST "battle" of the war ...until then it was just "one way..." and they fought them to a DRAW, a DAMM fine job for a bunch of Civvies!

THEY figured it out by then, and much like the P-36 pilots at Pearl taking off with just 100 rounds in one .30, or the swabbies still manning the .50s on the Arizona AFTER the explosion...

They went down SWINGING....

NEVER forget....
  9. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I just watched the one on A&E, and what Pistol said sums what I thought about the movie, better than I could have written.

Now that I think back on that night that I watched it, I watched both times, in a row.

It made me MAD and reenforced the huge war of terrorism we face and the reasons to win it.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  10. Polish my friend, we may argue--mostly for the sheer fun of it :D --about tanks, fighter planes, and battleships (not to mention Mauser rifles!), but on this we are in complete accord. I had the same reaction you did when I saw the end of that film. It was tragic and sad, yes, but the pride in my countrymen I felt was much, much stronger still.

We must never EVER forget, and we must never rest as a nation until terrorism and its perpetrators have been vanquished forever.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2006
  11. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Haven't seen this movie as yet BUT - - - -

I concur entirely with both Polish and Pistol.

Finally,

WE MUST NEVER FORGET ! ! !
  12. polishshooter

Rent it Tuesday, Marlin, if you can.

I am NOT a "movie guy," usually only like "historically correct" ones, but THIS one was worth it.

I'm regretting I DIDN'T see it in a theater, I don't like my money going to Hollywood EXCEPT if it's a GOOD one, plus on these, I kind of like to hear the audience reaction....kinda like the when I saw Tora Tora Tora for the first time when it came out, as a kid. with my family , in a theater, and it was deathly QUIET, until the first Japanese plane got shot down and believe it or not the audience CHEERED.

Made me PROUD to be an American....

I got the similar feeling on this one.....
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  13. ironsight65

ironsight65 New Member

There are actually 2 movies. "Flight 93" is a made for TV movie
    that was aired on A&E. It was released on dvd a few months ago.
    "United 93" is a major film that was released in theaters and will
    be released on dvd Tue. I really want to see "United 93". I have
    heard it is really good and doesn't over dramatize everything
    hollywood style, but tries to simply tell the story of what happened
    on that flight. The film's creators also went to the families of the
    people that were on that flight to ask permission to make the movie.

I hope they remind those that see either movie why we are at war
    and what we are up against.
  14. southernshooter

Those chill bump kinda feelins
  15. polishshooter

That's right, it IS "United 93..." This was the one that the first weekend they were going to give a percentage of the gross to either the victims families or a 9/11 charity...

Yeah, it is done well, at first I was afraid they were going to "humanize" the hijackers, but even that was done well...you see them as the on the edge wack-jobs they were.

It recreates the telephone calls as close as possible, if not verbatim, from the recollection of the person who was on the other end, or else the answering machine messages. It also seems they tookvery little license with the "fill" for dramatic effect, which is a good thing, HOW could you overdramatize more than it already was?

The controllers and the military scenes were well done too, those were eerily done, the confusion, the different reactions, the disbelief, seeing 9/11 unfold through the eyes of the people actually in the towers and "in control."