Flintlock dated 1815

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CS14, Sep 25, 2010.

1. CS14

CS14 New Member

This was part of an estate auction at the bottom of a grab bag of garage items. Any ideas on origins or values? DSCN2265.jpg

DSCN2268.jpg

DSCN2283.jpg
  2. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Looks like a middle eastern wall hanger. Alot of these were made for tourists and they can be fired but not before a very careful inspection.
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

It does indeed look like an inexpensive gun make for the tourist trade for sale in the bazaar. Value would be low, less than a hundred dollars and I for one would not shoot it with less than a 50 foot peice of string. Sorry about that, could be wrong , been wrong before and will be again.
  4. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

And brace it in a good solid oak tree
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The lockplate might once have been from a "real" gun. My suggestion is to hang it on the wall as a curio and a conversation piece.

Let me see....

"I took that off an Al Qaeda terrorist I disposed of while I was serving with the CIA on a secret mission in Afghanistan...."

Jim