Florida atheists ‘unbless’ highway with ‘unholy water’

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by raven818, Mar 18, 2012.

1. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Every time, it seems, that something bizarre, or " news worthy ", or " breaking news " come on my TV, I immediately look up to see if it's Florida, again. Well, nothings changed since 1992, and I don't see it changing any time soon:

[​IMG]
  2. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Been going on since it was Lions 1, Christians 0. The proof in the pudding is what comes after.
  3. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

OK

1. Holy Group blesses public highway a year ago.

2. Unholy group sees this and even tho it has rained many many times and washed away the blessing ointment they still had to go out and scrub clean the highway of Holy ointment.

3. What are they putting in the water for them F****** to drink?

4. It seems to me that everybody needs a psychiatrist

:eek:hmygosh::eek:hmygosh::eek:hmygosh::eek:hmygosh:

I wonder if Jay Leno will have a joke about this tonight?
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  4. cycloneman

Telll ya what i cant wait for? The Holy group with a 10,000 gallon tank of Holy water on one side of the street and the unholy group with a 10,000 gallon tank of unholy water on the other side. :D:D:D:D

Firehoses ready?
  5. cycloneman

6. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

There seems to be a symbolism war here. If they want get rid of the drug crowd they should start a nieghborhood crime watch.
  7. raven818

Once upon a time, Polk Co was the meth capital of Fl. Might still be.
  8. cycloneman

seems to me that while watching the video the unholy were using some type of detergent. They must know what kind of detergent neuturalizes Holy Ointment. Where would you get this information? Does anybody know where to get the MSDS sheets for Holy Water or Holy Ointment?:D:D:D:D

Hang tight i took some benedrill eariler and i am sure feeling goofy. The night might just get better.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  9. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I understand that no government agency can support a religious group.
    But it seems to me that scrubbing the road would make it wet.
    Everyone knows that wet pavement is slicker than dry pavement.
    Police should have arrested the whole bunch for creating a public traffic hazard.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

heck they could use acid , it would do nothing , the holy water blessing is spiritual and once done only lack of Faith can change that

as these morons dont have that kind of belief , whats it matter ? besides like Terry said , to slick up the road ..

will they burst into flame is we sprinkle them with holy water ?? i doubt it .. ( though i'd love to see that happen)

at least they got some excercise without passing some STD to one another for a change

if you think they can unbless something , you really need to realise Who they are up against ... remember we dont bless stuff we ask God to do that with us acting only as a proxy ... you reckon a few ferals can undo God ??:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
  11. cycloneman

OK im up.

something really buggin me about that picture. You really got to be some kind of ahole to label a take of water "unholy".

The word unholy also means unclean amoung other things. Why would you want to have that around you? Oh yea its because satan has decensatized them and they can accept the unclean, unholy vile things. Thats right part of his master plan. Its working.
  12. red14

red14 Active Member

I believe Jack is right, you can't remove the 'Holy' once it is there.
    Let the athiests have their fun.
    When they die, the real fun starts.:cool:
  13. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, but they are right. By "blessing the road" with holy water, they were symbolically saying "We are making this place safe for Christians (and non-Christians aren't welcome)".

Now, I agree that washing the road will not accomplish anything, but they are not trying to wash off the holy water. They are symbolically saying, "Hey. Screw You".

It's like the Florida license plate. We got plates here that you can buy to show how much you like the Noles or the Gators or any other team. You can support the manatees, or the Florida panther. And then we have one with cute kids' faces on it that says, "Chose Life".

The "Pro Choice" people were outraged. "Where do you get off with the state backing anti-abortion? Gonna come out with one that says 'Murder an abortion doctor' next?"

The State said, "No, this is not 'anti-abortion', this plate is 'pro-adoption' ". Uh-huh. Then why doesn't it say "adoption" anywhere on it?

You can like or dislike abortion. Your choice. But as long as it is legal, the state has no business putting out an official anything taking a stand one way or the other. If they want to issue an "anti-abortion" plate, that's fine, but they also need to issue a "pro-choice" plate. I really can't see that one selling very well, but they need to offer it.

This road thing is the same. The road is a public road, paid for by tax dollars. Christians, Jews, Muslims, pagans and atheists paid for that road. That road does not belong to Polk Under Prayer. Who the hell do these people think they are taking it upon themselves to "bless" the road. Did they have permission of every single person in Polk County to bless that road. Because, as a public road, it belongs to every single person in Polk County.

Oh, wait. I just reread the story. It says "Highway 98". So I checked the map. That's not "County 98". Not even "State Road 98". That's "US Highway 98". US highway. Doesn't even belong to Florida, let alone, Polk County, and damn sure not to PUP.

So, PUP, you wanna bless a road? Bless the driveway into your church parking lot.
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

When i was a kid i was in the City for the Easter show , its a agricultural show in Sydney , but while in town they blessed the ferry fleet , i think it was a combined effort between the Anglicans Baptists Catholics and others ..

does that mean its not for Jewish folks ?

back when Qantas had a chaplain he used to bless the new planes , i am pretty sure he was Catholic , that mean folks like me ( non Catholic ) aint welcome ?

dont think so ..

i've prayed for the forum members here more than a few times , that aint just for the believers..
  15. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Since the preachers aren't blessing the boats, but are asking Jesus to bless the boats, and Jesus does not want anything to do with them heathens that don't believe in him (I remember that from church), then, yes, the blessing of the fleet is not for Jews. They can watch it. But if any of the boats are owned by Jews, those boats will not be blessed.
  16. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Alpo , sorry , but if thats what they taught you , they taught you wrong ..

otherwise how would anyone be saved as we are all pretty much heathens until we realise and accept the Gift of Salvation , ( kids exempted )

and i am dead set sorry you where taught that , i've seen that over pious BS far too often and why i am not a fan of "brands" of faith .. but follow Christs words, By Their deeds shall ye know them . and "Judge not lest ye be judged" the last aint about judgeing non Christians , its about Christians judging other Christians

i was visiting a few weeks ago , and saw some of this , i walked out , it'd been a while since i'd seen that sorta of crap in person , and we had a thread here not so long ago

this holier than thou bit sucks , and the more i see of it the less i like of it ..

folks get scared when i state i'm a Deist (Christian) , but take a good look , most of your founding fathers where too and in my beleif thats why you got such a great setup from the get go as there was not so much of this bigotry when they drafted you constitution , later the bigotry got in against Catholics and Jews and others and thats been ebbing and waning with fashion and times ever since.

But by accepting we are all equal under God , that we are all equal , no matter the brand, this premise is the foundation that put your nation way in front of others including my own ..

this "branding" rubbish has been pulling you backwards ever since as it does to everyone who plays that game

and i'm saddened that it still goes on , lifes way better when you realise what brand of faith your born into or adopt dont mean that much in the grand scheme of things , but what you do and in your heart why you do things , matters more

i aint taking a shot at you Alpo , i'm just sorry that its effected you so and wish the world was not as it is ...

Cheers eh
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  17. raven818

Bottom line, the scabs that washed the road were looking for attention. They got it.
  18. red14

red14 Active Member

If you can't admit you are wrong, you can't be saved.
    We are all sinners until we ask to be saved.
    It is what I believe. I judge no one.
  19. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Atheists, by definition, believe there is no such being as God.

Therefore, a "blessing" by any group to the God Jehovah should be meaningless to them.

The fact that they object and feel the necessity to REMOVE this blessing would indicate to me that they DO believe in the supernatural, but are OPPOSED to the God Jehovah.

Is there a flaw in my logic here?
  20. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

not that i see