Florida SB 234

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Double D, Feb 25, 2011.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I hate to hear stories like this from our Heroes, and you sir are one of our Heroes! Thank you for your service, and may God bless you, and your family!
    http://woundedwarriorproject.org/ Everyone should give something, these men, and women, have given so much, and some of them gave all!
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Like I said, he was out of line. NOBODY knows what your going thru unless they are there themselves. I have issues that are minimal at best in comparison, yet out of touch for someone without any. Seems like someone didnt like to be corrected. We can have disagreements without personal attacks.
  3. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

I appreciate the sentiment Carver, but IMO that is a term that is bandied about too lightly. I was just doing a job, and happened to be wearing a uniform when I was injured. The term "hero" should be reserved for people like SSG Salvadore Giunta, 2LT Audie Murhy, SGT Alvin York, et. al. All of these men knew the risk to their own lives, but committed their actions anyway. That is what makes a true hero.

DD, benefit of the doubt to jbmid1. Perhaps it was a legitimate question on his part. It's not the first time I've gotten that. Had some old man shout at me for parking in a handicap spot at Wal Mart once. I pointed to my disabled veteran plates, and he told me I was too young to be 100% P&T. I sat back down, took off my carbon fiber orthotic that keeps me from dragging my foot on the ground, and threw it at him. He shut up after that...
  4. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

My apologies rentalguy. Thanks for filling me in. That's somehing I would not wish on anyone. Hope you're getting the best care possible. And I hope you never lose the right, or the ability to do what you enjoy.