FLOUNDER RECIPIES

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by let's trade, Jul 7, 2006.

1. let's trade

let's trade New Member

Need some good flounder receipies. this is a tender fish that will fall apart easily, so how do I prepare it without destroying it?
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Try here I know they have some good Flounder recipies and a wealth of other seafood ideas.

And Welcome! :)

Crpdeth
  3. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

The best way is bring it to my house and let me do it fer ya. Better yet, I'll help ya catch em, but you gotta fillett the four sided boney buggers.
  4. bompa

bompa New Member

Make a stuffing with cracker crumbs, Crab or Lobster meat and butter with a bit of Parmigiana cheese.. Lay your fillets out and place some stuffing on each one..Roll the fillets to enclose the stuffing and place in a baking pan..
    Add a white sauce of your choice and bake till done..
    Enjoy..
  5. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

I love flounder fillets thrown into hot salted butter in a small frypan.
    Simple.
    Delicious.
  6. It seems a bit "fishy" you're "floundering" for a recipe, Let's, but I'm sure someone around here will get you one . . . just for the halibut. :D ;) :p
  7. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Oh, my Lord.....

The best we ever did, and the most delicious, were lightly coated with cornmeal and fried tender in fresh melted butter.

Best when served with Lobster and steamed clams !!!!!
  8. Well, since this thread seems to be "floundering" a bit, perhaps if we gave it a "Florentine" finish . . . ;)

Flounder Florentine
    Ingredients

• 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. unsalted butter
    • 2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. onion, chopped
    • 1/8 tsp. rosemary, crushed
    • 7 ounces frozen chopped spinach
    • 2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. chopped almonds
    • 1/3 cup instant rice, cooked
    • 2 tsp. lemon juice
    • 1 lb. flounder fillets
    • toothpicks
    • 2/3 cup cream of mushroom soup
    • 2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. water
    • 1/8 tsp. paprika

Preheat oven to 350¡F. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions and rosemary 4-5 minutes until onions are tender. Add next 4 ingredients. Heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool. Place 1/4 cup mixture on each fish fillet. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Arrange fish rolls in a shallow buttered baking dish. Bake 20 minutes. Combine soup and water in a bowl. Pour soup over baked fish, stirring around sides. Bake another 15 minutes, or until heated through. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2007