Flower Power

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 22WRF, Jan 30, 2010.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Who'd thought that the Hippies from Haight-Ashbury and Woodstock would someday be running the country.

[​IMG]
  2. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

You'd be surprised where we might turn up!
  3. petesusn

petesusn New Member

Times change and sometimes people change.
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

During the mid 70's I had a 1957 27 window VW safari bus.
    It was repleat with paisley window curtains and a twin size bed in the back.

I didn't go to Woodstock cuz my parents wouldn't have agreed.

People do change. I'm a perfect example.

Damn, I wish I still had that bus. It'd be worth 50-70K nowdays.:eek:

I'm still a hippie at heart. Does that make me bad?:eek:
  5. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

I'll admit that woodstock sounded like a grand party! I made it as far as the bus station! The clerk called my DAD (insert want to DIE icon, here!) under the pretext of setting up the ticket! Dad does not remember this, now, but I DO!

"Hippie" was coined by the media to define the undefinable. I bet you always took baths, never stank (unless after a day at work), had a job, and didn't do the drug thing (scared of that s+++!), and would have 'gone' if drafted (my agreement with Dad).

They needed a narrow defination. 'Hippie' was that defination. Like most of what the media (then and now) conjures up, it bears little resemblance to what was actually happening.

'edit' - Hell, you're not 'bad' we just believed that the world could be changed. In the years following our youth, we've learned otherwise. (mods, sorry 'bout the 'hell', but it fits the context of the thought, and the years since.)
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  6. noslolo

noslolo New Member

My Dad dodged the draft, bought a motorcycle and moved to Canada. Where he now works for the Government. Odd very Odd. I don't agree with him but I do love him. After my parents split I moved from Canada and went to Military School in his home town of Waynesboro VA. Ironic to say the least. I was born in Canada and have lived in the U.S.A since 1983. I think that this is the greatest country in the world. My Dad was born here and has lived in Canada since 1969 and he wouldn't leave Canada for anything. I will turn the ramble off for now, I must be getting tired.
  7. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

You see a lot now 40 years later that are trying to glamorize that period of time but what you don't see is people spitting and dumping blood on our soldiers, many of them wounded returning from Vietnam, rioting and the cities burning, SDS bombing those they disagreed with. The anarchy and lawlessness resulted in the election of Nixon who ran on a law and order campaign. There is a sweet irony there.
  8. red14

red14 Active Member

I was/am a hippie, but I served, and worked for almost 40 years before being disabled. Those people who spit on our troops weren't hippies, they were scum.