FM (Argentina) High Powers??

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by LDBennett, Feb 1, 2005.

1. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Anyone got experience with the FM High Powers?

In particular have there been any problems?

How do they compare fit and finish to a real new Browning (assembled in Portugal but made in Belguim)?

As a shooter how are they?

We're not looking for a collector piece or even a jewel like the new Brownings but want a High Power to shoot trouble free with good accuracy, equivalent to any other defense pistol: a decent gun that will hold up.

This is for my son-in-law. I am now buying a Charles Daly (pick it up today) but he seems to think that the FM version would be cheaper and do OK. He wants to verify that to be true from a real user.

Thanks.

LDBennett
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

I have sold a few of those Hi Powers and had no complaints but it's not the quality of a Browning.

I have owned a few CD 1911's and like them. The newer ones a good pistols and my only complaint is the mags. I keep looking at the CD Hi Power so how about a range report on yours.
  3. stash247

stash247 New Member

They are competent guns, tho kinda ugly.
    Let me sorta re-direct you.
    If you look for Inglis/Browning, you may find some historic pistols, with interesting features,at no greater cost. These are the real deal; built in Canada,, but with a sense of quality.
    Hope this helps...