FN Five-seveN

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Cheimison, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Cheimison

Cheimison Former Guest

I have an opportunity to purchase an FN Five-seveN pistol with two magazines for $850. The main reason of this purchase is the sheer novelty of the gun, but as I may have to use it at some point (heck, I might even start carrying it if I like it enough) I would like to know what's thought of the 5.7x28mm round. I'll be shooting JHPs, because the non-lead AP bullets aren't legal for non LE to purchase.
  2. CBR1000RR

CBR1000RR New Member

I dont have personal experience with the 5.7x28mm round but supposedly the felt recoil is less than that of a 9mm pistol and the JHP round gets to over 2000 fps. Ammo is probably expensive however. Are the mags you're getting the hi-cap ones? 20 rds? Hell, I would get the gun just for the novelty of it as you said, definitely a cool one. :cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2004
  3. Cheimison

Cheimison Former Guest

Yes, two twenty-round magazines. Ammunition is about 3-4 times as expensive as 9mm Luger.
  4. stash247

stash247 New Member

I've heard the pistol, like the tiny Russian pistol in a similar caliber, was primarily built for "clandestine diplomacy"
    I've considered a small caliber, high velocity pistol a "rule beater" for many years, since discovering the .17 caliber, for rifles.
    No less than Parker Ackley found the .17 Ackley Bee more than adequate for burros, in the southwest, and they are much tougher than people.
    The price is fair, considering the market, and if you need the pistol (W-A-N-T), you need to jump all over it. Hope you like it! Terry