Status
Not open for further replies.

FN Hi-Power

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  antiquedr 
#1 ·
H
(3/9/02 5:47:04 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All Better value? FN Hi Power or FEG PJK9
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Local shop has one of each. Minty FEG, bright blue w/walnut grips, asking $325 and a not quite minty FN, black finish, black grips at $350. Seems high for the FEG and low for the FN to me. Opinions solicited as to the better value in the future before I buy.

Thanks,

Gary
Semper Fi

-----------------------------
You bring gold senor?

Nope, just lead.
-----------------------------

procrastinator
V.I.P. Member
(3/10/02 3:41:40 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Better value? FN Hi Power or FEG PJK9
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Garry,

Take the FN as it is the real deal so to speak.
FEG is a clone and even though I am half Hungarian, I would not even consider it if a FN were within reach.
The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

AntiqueDr
*TFF Senior Staff*
(3/10/02 6:24:00 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Better value? FN Hi Power or FEG PJK9
There is FN and there is FN.

Of course, the Browning commercial models are the best. Those brought in directly by FN are somewhat cruder in finish but still perfectly functional.

Then there are the Argentine military surplus guns, which are not FN but 'FM' as in DGFM. These are licensed products and are still a good value but the finish is terrible. The one I just got in had peeling black paint for a finish, and black checkered grips. Got it stripped down for matte blue/hard chrome now.

All things considered, though, take the FN over the FEG.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
www.apaxenterprises.com

GaryNH
(3/10/02 5:45:10 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Thanks for the advise!!
Here's the story. Went back today for a closeup look. FN was the Argentine variety. Very loose action, poor re-finish, pitted barrel, markings were almost illegible. All round made me uneasy. FEG as I said, bright blue 100%, sparkling barrel, talked $25 off to $300 even and brought it home. I appreciate the advise but I think I made the better deal based on comparison. I didnt' want to put tons of work into it.

Thanks again,
Gary
Semper Fi

AntiqueDr
*TFF Senior Staff*
(3/10/02 5:56:23 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Thanks for the advise!!
In that case, you did good.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.