FN SCAR-L vs FN FNAC

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Sniper_Wolf_666, May 19, 2012.

1. Sniper_Wolf_666

Sniper_Wolf_666 New Member

So the latest version of the SCAR series is the FNAC (FN Advanced Carbine) and I was wondering if anyone knew what the main differences from the SCAR-L and the FNAC are. The only difference that I have been able to find is that the new FNAC shoots from a mix of Open and Closed Bolt, it automatically switches between the two depending on how much heat is coming from the barrel. Other then that tho, I am not sure what the differences are.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but does the FNAC look a lil Different from the SCAR-L and SCAR-H. Something about it looks different to me, i can't place what it is. I could just be trippin tho lol
  2. Sniper_Wolf_666

3. Sniper_Wolf_666

4. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Shot the SCAR-H over weekend and she was awful nice. Posted a pict in General section.
  5. James Dylan

James Dylan New Member

I think you're confusing the FNAC with the FN HAMR(Heat Adaptive Modular Rifle), IAR variant, which has an internal thermometer that causes the bolt to hold open once it reaches a certain temperature; as opposed to the M27 IAR, HK 416 variant, which fires closed bolt on single and open on full auto. The only differences I aware of between the SCAR 16, Mk16 mod 0, and the FNAC is that the FNAC is .3 lbs lighter, charging handle is non reciprocating, and the front sight has been moved to the rail instead lying on top off the gas regulator, which required the sight to be flipped up to access.