FN TSR (tactical sporting rifle)

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by USArmy180, Apr 6, 2011.

1. USArmy180

USArmy180 New Member

Im reloading some .308 WIN for the FN TSR and was wondering if anyone has had any experience reloading for this fine rifle, I can only shoot it at the range on weekends, so I'd rather not waste a lot of time and money working up loads from scratch if I dont have to :)
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Welcome to the forum USA180 , Very nice rifle; take some advice on powders and bullets, but take the time to work up a load for the rifle that you are shooting; a fine rifle deserves fine ammo, not just fodder. Load work ups are fun and enjoyable if you're seeking accuracy and results. If you just want something to plink with out to 400yrds or so and not worried about 1moa results, then go with some 155gn SMK's with RL 15 or Varget. You should be able to get some pretty good results; try the ladder test with both powders and see what happens. Will take about 1-1.5 hrs to shoot each ladder test, but it is worth the knowledge that the results will provide.
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Half the fun of reloading is working up a load that works for YOUR rifle. If you just want to shoot, then buy some surplus stuff and plink away.
  4. USArmy180

USArmy180 New Member

Yes, I'm looking forward to working up loads for it, I was just wondering if anyone has done anything I can use to start with. If i could just go on my deck and shoot it would be a lot easier haha.