FNP-9 or Jericho 941. Will buy at lunch.

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by golgiaparatus, Sep 8, 2010.

1. golgiaparatus

golgiaparatus New Member

I've looked at just about every gun out there... after the break-in I finally got some money to replace my stolen pistols. I'm starting with the more compact of the 2 guns. That's not to say I want a "compact", it just wont be a "full size" gun like my 92... will need to be a large piece that I can carry if I want.

So I've considered the Sig... which was just too pricey in the end. The Beretta PX4 Storm which was just too similar to the cougar that I owned and didn't like that much. I looked at the Taurus 917 which I really liked, but I want to go with a poly frame this time around. Also the Taurus 809 looked and felt nearly perfect, but I've read some bad things about 24/7 based guns so I don't think I can trust it.

So it's come down to 2 Finalists (same price)... one of which will go home with me today:

1 - The Jericho 941 (Poly)
    3.8" Barrel, fits the hand absolutely perfect. More comfy than any gun I have ever held. Pretty light and Looks brutal. Only complaint is the location of the safety right on top of the serrations on the slide. Seems kind of obtrusive.

2- The FNP-9
    4" Barrel, fits well but not as form fitting as the Jericho. No real complaints about this gun... everything is right where it should be.

Any opinions?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

id go with the FN, but i find it to be a better looking pistol
  3. Double Deuce

Double Deuce New Member

I have the FNP .45 and like it alot, I would go with the FN as well.
  4. golgiaparatus

golgiaparatus New Member

I'm leaning towards the FN... I have just heard such great things about it. Plus it's made in the USA. But I just cant forget how amazing that Jericho felt to hold. It was like they used a mold of my hand to create the grip. The HKP30 is about the only one that I've ever held that felt that perfect. Too bad it was $900 or I'd have bought it on the spot.
  5. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

FN for sure it's twice the gun , better quality, from a long well estabished firearms company.
  6. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

per your description of how they fit, id all be for the jericho. Fit is everything but that FN is a nice nice gun. One of the guys at the range I do work for as several of them (FN's) Never, never a problem.
  7. MagnumFan

MagnumFan Former Guest

8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    One more vote for the FN! I knoiw that fit is of very high importance, but IMHO, performance beats fit every time!
  9. golgiaparatus

golgiaparatus New Member

Done deal. Came with a very nice case, slide lock, another backstrap, and 3 mags.

What sold me in the end was the accessibility of the safety controls. I just wasn't a fan of the Jericho's safety placement. Had that been different I would have probably gone with the other gun.

[​IMG]
  10. johnlives4christ

can i shoot it?
  11. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I didn't get to add my opinion since I came in late, but I think you made the best choice with the FN.
  12. johnlives4christ

i just wanna shoot it lol
  13. golgiaparatus

golgiaparatus New Member

Range report coming next weekend. This weekend I have a mountain bike race. Of course, I might be able to squeeze in a trip to the range so I can pop off 300 rounds or so to break it in.

After holding and really examining this gun... it reminds me of the HK USP.
  14. lucky-gunner

lucky-gunner New Member

Congrats on your new FN. Keep us updated on the progress. I've been looking at the FN's pretty seriously this year. Of course the FNH USA Distinguished Service Program with the retired military/LEO discount doesn't hurt either.
  15. johnlives4christ