FNP 9 vs Walther ppq 9mm

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by ms6852, Jun 24, 2012.

1. ms6852

ms6852 Active Member

My wife has finally decided in one of this pistols for her personal protection. She likes the feel of both of them, and did not care for the others. I do not have any practical experience with either pistol and would like to hear honest statements based on personal experience on either pistol regardless if it is good or bad. So far it is just a toss up "heads or tails".
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Both are great guns. It really depends on if your wife like striker fired or hammer fired guns. I prefer hammer but either way is fine. From a warranty standpoint (you would probably never need it) Smith would handle the PPQ. Browning in St Louis would handle the FN. I cant say enough about how good browning is in taking care of FN. Smith is a little iffy on handling walther. If it came to a decision right now, it would be the FN for me.
  3. ms6852

ms6852 Active Member

I agree both are great guns, it is good to know that browning is taking care of FN. This are the kind of details that can help her make an informed decision.
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Has she shot either one? The FN's have a little better engineering to handle recoil.