FNP 9mm thoughts

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by RoeminBuff, Feb 26, 2011.

1. RoeminBuff

RoeminBuff New Member

Just curious if theres anyone that has fired or used a FNP 9mm. Looking at one the other day and curious about it. Shot a Springfield XD the other day and like it a bunch but supplier has a FN in stock and want to know more. Thanks
  2. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Its a good shooter.

the only turn off to me is the controls are thin cheap stamped parts that look and feel brittle.

The XD9 is much more robust.

I am sure the FN will be fine, but from what I can tell is the XD has a slight edge over the FN......
  3. 1911 man

1911 man New Member

The fn is an awesome shooter right out of the box
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

They shoot well . I was impressed with the recoil system. i shot the 9 and the 40. 40's generally are snappy but the 40 felt the same as the 9. They do have some stamped steel in them but its better than that cheap cast steel some are using.
  5. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

I have an FNP 9 that I had to send in right from the box. It would not eject brass very well and there were feed issues. I have not had a chance to shoot it since I got it back but was disappointed that it did not function properly. It is light, has a great breaking trigger, etc. Some components do seem a little less beefy than some of my other guns. I guess time will tell. I have heard several on the FN forum mention that the 124 grain bullets were better to use than the 115 grain which is what I shoot.
  6. RoeminBuff

RoeminBuff New Member

Old Guy,
    You'll have to let me know what you think when you shoot it again. So far sounds like a few components are pretty light from what i'm gatherin. But they seem to be a nice gun from a respectable company also.
  7. hansom

hansom Former Guest

THe FNP pistols are very good Guns, I have a .40 for over 2 years now, very accurate and very reliable, yes the decocker lever is a stamped steel piece , but trust me it wont break, dont be put off by "stamped steel" some of the worlds most rugged and reliable firearms are made out of stamped steel, e.g AK 47's , UzI's, FAL, L1A1 etc.

The other guns you mentioned is junk compared to a FNP
  8. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

I shot the gun yesterday and it cycled everything well. No FTE's or FTF's this time. FN seemed to fix it quite well. I shot 115 grain ammo and it cycled well. Some had said to use the heavier grained ammo but I did not have to. It has a very smooth crisp trigger, can be de-cocked for loaded carry or cocked and locked if that is your preference. For a gun that is light it handles recoil very well. I can say that getting in contact with Bob Ailes was a challenge as he handles all of the calls, but the service was pretty good. I will shoot a few more rounds maybe later this week but at this point I am well pleased.:)
  9. willywonka

willywonka New Member

The FNP 9 is one of my all time favs. You can't get much better with polymer.
  10. RoeminBuff

RoeminBuff New Member

Sounds good. Service is invaluable and when a company stands behind the product it makes it that much more valuable in my eyes. Curious what did you find as far as accuracy or have you shot it enough to make a judgement?
  11. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

I have not bench shot it yet. It seems pretty accurate but I may need to drift one sight just a bit. Only shooting from a rest will tell. At 7 yards I would not want to be the bad guy though.