The Firearms Forum banner

Folding Stock for Marlin 60??

23K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  duckyherman 
#1 ·
I have a marlin 60. I have seen a couple online that have aftermarket folding stocks. I don't have any clue how to find one. I have been looking for some time. I have read that there is a different model stock that can be bought and modified to accommodate the loading tube on the 60. Can anyone give me some pointers, or point me in the right direction to find one??

#2 · (Edited)
Originally, back in the 1980's, Ramline made a lockarm & a folding stock for the Marlin 70 rifles.
Here's one on a 795.

If you can find a folder, used, you have to drill out the tip of the stock forearm for the mag tube Marlin 60.
Then you use a 795 trigger guard, and put a plastic piece over the magwell hole.

If it's a Ramline model 70 Lockarm stock, you buy an ATI SKS retrofit kit and install it.
The do the things you would do to put a 60 in a 70 stock as above.

At the moment, those are your only choices for a folding stock, UNLESS, some smart MFR does one soon.

Or you take a folding stock meant for something else and hand-fit your 60 into it.

Or we wait until enough people send emails to Ramline, and they start making the Marlin stocks again.

#4 ·
Ramline actually has a few left in stock...
Marlin M-70 22 LR Lock Arm Non Folding Made in Black Only (discontinued)
$ 39.95

And...
Auction sites periodically have these...

Numrich is totally out of them at the moment...

Now, there is someone setting up shop to make a Modern Pic-rail laden Folding Stock for Marlin 795's & 60's,
but it is likely to be at least 6-9 months before they go to press.

#6 ·
I've actually been contemplating making a composite stock that's more modern-looking than the Ramline with a better folding mechanism...

But it may take some pricey equipment...or having to subcontract it out to a local shop...

I'll fiddle with the idea more after my broken fingers heal...lol

#7 ·
Well I finally found one. It sucks too after all I went through to find one, and Allan D from here offered me one and I didnt see his email!! SO... I ended up with a Ramline model 70 stock. Paid $80. It didnt fit at all. I am assuming that some of the newer model 60s would fit different?? After many modifications I was able to get it to work though...What I did:
1. Had to drill out front end of stock to accomodate tube feed.
2. My marlin 60 is the 18 round made in the 80's so I had to cut out a slot for the little lever that releases the charging handle.
3. Had to make a cover for where the mag goes, since I dont have one.
4. Had to shave the back of the trigger guard assembly so it would fit back far enough to screw down.
5. Had to adjust all the factors screw holes on the stock to fit the screw holes on the rifle.... and a few other little tweaks that are hard to explain.

I dont like how long it is now. Its useable, but when I am squeezing the trigger it feels like I have to "reach" too far with my finger when I am holding onto to pistol grip. I have big hands and large fingers, so it doesnt bother me to much. But might be out of reach for a smaller grip.
I am going to break it all down now and give it a very good cleaning, and polish some of the parts. I am looking for a bipod for it (found a killer one on cheaperthandirt.com) I oredered a NcStar scope with side laser, and blue illumination reticle, 3 - 9 x 42. (got that today!!! Love it!) And I got a clamp on railmount so I can adjust it back on account of how long it is now. (I guess some of the newer 60's have a screw down top for this?? Mine was too old, so I found mine at a gunshow). After I get my folding bipod, Im going to get an upgraded charging handle that I saw online, then Im done! More work than its worth, but fun anyway!! Ill post a couple pics!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.