For all you GLOCK lovers out there!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by inplanotx, Jan 28, 2005.

1. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Picked this up on a truck forum. Seems like Glock is trying real hard to keep this under wraps. BurHAHAHAHA! :D :D :D :D :D

Now I know why I like steel guns! :D :D :D :D

TUPPERWARE is DISHWASHER safe!
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I'll bet it's a Glock mod 22.
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

The above article stated ALL models made in 2001-2002! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  4. Lowrider

Lowrider New Member

Very old news.

I'll take my Glocks over any other auto-loader.
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Old news kept very quiet by the manufacturer. Wonder why? Would not be nice if the frame rail broke during a gun fight when you really needed it, now would it? I'll keep my steel guns, thank you.
  6. offeror

offeror New Member

Hoooo-hum. ;)
  7. frosty

frosty New Member

I had to call Glock also. When I had a model 21, I did the same thing. It is true, Glock told me the same thing over the phone. I was lucky in that the serial number was not on the list of pistols that needed replacement. When I pressed the point as to just exactly what the problem was, I was told that a press machine that made the frame rails had been set wrong. Apparently too much pressure and too much of a bend caused the frame (which is imbedded in the plastic) to be brittle. ****The only way I found out about the recall was off of the board Glock Talk.****I had my suspicions about the recall as to if it was a way to mar the Glock pistols reputation as nonproblematic.****That phone call was a revelation***. If a so called impecable gun manufacturer will not let its customers know of a problem and you find out about by rumor tells that the manufacturer is completely untrustable and is worthless in the long run if you have a problem.

I traded that model 21 about 3 weeks later.

I had taken a long time to find the pistol I wanted in .45 acp. Then I find out that the very pistol I put down hard earned money for is made by a manufacturer that would not tell me of a problem with its product.

How would you feel if the manufacturer of your automobile did not tell of a problem with its product that caused it to fail or catch fire. Would you honestly trust that manufacturer and buy more of its products with out any doubt in your mind.
  8. HerbyJr

HerbyJr New Member

Here is the scoop from the Glock website:

"GLOCK Frame Rails - The Real Scoop!

The GLOCK Corporation has identified an issue with a very small percentage of GLOCK pistols produced between September of 2001 and May of 2002. The specific issue that has been identified is the potential of breaking a rear frame rail in pistols manufactured during this time period. Within the specific range the breakage rate has been less than 0.0188%. So, while the actual percentage of rails reported broken is within any accepted manufacturing tolerance, it is not an acceptable situation to the GLOCK Corporation. It is also important to note that under most conditions GLOCK pistols will continue to function with three rails. A routine maintenance check after each time the pistol has been taken out and used would immediately indicate if there is a problem.

We are, therefore, concerned that a limited number of customers will not get the product we have promised them and what we have always delivered, the very best pistol on the market, in short, a GLOCK.

For these reasons, we have made the decision that in the interest of customer service, replacement frames will be offered to anyone who has a firearm in this range and decides to take advantage of this offer. The replacement frames will have identical serial numbers to our customer's original firearm except the numeral 1 will be added as a prefix. If you believe your firearm is within this range, please call 1-866-225-4098 to take advantage of the ultimate in customer service.

Nothing less than the best for our customers is acceptable to GLOCK and, as always, we will continue to work towards Perfection"

H.
  9. punchie

punchie Member

I cannot by any stretch of the imagination be called a Glock-a-holic but I will give credit where credit is due. For the money the Glock is a hell of a firearm and Customer Service is top notch. Is it without problems...NO! .018 percent sounds like less of a problem than the alloy framed 1911s from a lot of manufacturers.

Oh, I am trying to think of all the Auto/truck recalls that were completely voluntary without ANY government proding. Please enlighten me.
  10. frosty

frosty New Member

All I meant was that I found out from a rumor. I was never notified by glock at all.

Automobile manufacturers post/announce to the public if a recall is needed. Only by posting it on their website does not excuse that kind of behavior. Remember this was by rumor alone nothing else.

Yes, I will give credit also. Glock does make a good firearm, for its intended purpose.
  11. potato_sniper

potato_sniper New Member

Still going to enjoy my Glock.

What do you want them to do, send you a singing telegram? ;)

I mean, seriously, thier website is just about the most public place they possibly could have put a recall notice.

They noticed what could only be regarded as a minor quality control issue and are now doing everything they can to make good on thier word. In all seriousness, we're probably talking about a machine that was out of tolerance by 1 or 2 thousandths of an inch. Lighten up.

I bought a used Glock that's about 10 yrs old for $360 and the thing runs like a top. It's by far one of the best gun buys on the market. Get over it.

Later.
  12. HiPressure

HiPressure New Member

I will admit to being darn skeptical of Glock pistols when they were introduced. However, I picked up one of the first M23's I saw offered locally and have been completely satisfied. I don't use it as a primary carry pistol, usually it's my "car gun", but I will carry it when my back is acting up. It's not had nearly the use of any of my 1911's (3000 rounds or so) but it has NEVER failed to function when I've shot it. The 40SW is a decent round when using a good bullet and while the accuracy is not up to par with a tuned 1911, it will put the holes where you need them as long as you can can shoot properly.
    I really like the 1911 and shoot several thousand rounds a year through the pistols I own, but I have to face it....the 1911 as sold across the counter is likely to have a few problems. Most newer 1911's are supposed to be set up for modern (read "hollow-point") ammo but a lot will choke unless the bullet is a rounded nose profile, i.e. ball. Of these pistols, a majority can be cured by a carefull throating and feed ramp polishing, and/or changing the magazine. However, from the reports I've gotten from many, many Glock shooters (a lot who shoot the 1911 also) are that Glocks are much more likely to function with just about anything right out of the box.