for Beth, why you dont play with Roo's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jack404, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

Jack, they have a season on roos don't they? Or, maybe that was years ago. Yep, roo leather would be nice. Any sites that sell it down there worldwide? It would be nice to get.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

No season but they do have big culls at times that seems like a season

If you look up Samos ( they are who i sell mine too ) they might help but think they are chasing for more for contracts..

as most are rip off's ( http://www.rooleather.com/kangaroohides/index.php )

i mostly shoot for furred pelts but get the odd one thats not suitable , blemishes etc so will leather it out , , i'll put your name on the todo list and when i grab one thats good for leather i'll let you know and sort it then if you wish

i get between $50 and $80 AUD for the natural ( brain tanned) leather take $10-15 off that for chrome tanned ( but i dont really use chrome no more , i get better results doing all natural ) compare that with the middlemen in that link , sheeeesh

if thats ok let me know
  3. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

That goes for many true wild animals, people raise them, pet them, roll around with them then wonder why some turn on them with bad results.

I prefer caution and common sense. ;)
  4. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

I dont think a kangaroo is a match for a chunk of lead
  5. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

are they fighting over who has the shortest arms? LOL
  6. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's like the people in yellowStone National Park that try to get close up pics of the Buffalo. Many people think they are slow and can't move quick but sometimes they find out the hardway. Ya Jack, I would never feed a Roo in the wild unless it was a lead pill.
  7. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

kind of like the dumb people who climb over the railings to get close to the tigers and lions at the zoo.
  8. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Yeah endangering their lives and those who try to rescue them, sadly happens too often all over.
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

10. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Hmm, is roo leather tougher than cowhide? Make good holster leather?
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i prefer roo hide to cow for bike leathers just you dont get the size in roo leather that often so a sleeve will be 4 peices the back one peice but each side front will be 2 pc and a shoulder strap of two pc as well

the thin roo skin they glue or something to a plastic and vacum form them for holsters and belt stuff holders ...

mostly its used for thonging as its way tougher when cut right you cut the hide up the back and leave the males belly intact, thats the toughest leather you'll get outside of reptiles , dunn about elephant or hippos or such but seeing the thong makers dont choose the way the hides are done they are normally belly split as per any meat animal and so some folks think its not as good as called , and rightly so , cut a spiral from a roo belly and see then though

roo thonging is all over the US and internet