for bob in stl

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

gpostal
    (9/5/01 6:58:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All for bob in stl
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by: AntiqueDr at: 9/5/01 8:00:40 pm

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (9/5/01 9:37:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: for bob in stl
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the Star Model 1922, as accepted by the Spanish Civil Guard in 1922. The following year, with slight modification, it became the Star Model A.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

polishshooter
    (9/6/01 7:46:23 pm)
    Bob, you are leaving out pertinent information on each of these models, like how many of each you currently OWN?

And whyinthehell didn't they jump right to a straight copy of Browning's design like they eventually did, or is going through all the trouble, changes, and wasted motions a Spanish or Basque thing?

And that safety on the 20 was pretty darn fugly, who would have wanted it in the FIRST place, give them some credit for even getting ANY contract for it...
    Well, I didn't win the Powerball, so I still collect Russian Crap and variants thereof. ( And am darn happy I can!)

Bob In St Louis
    (9/6/01 8:30:01 pm)
    A) Ain't tellin'
    B) Basques don't follow directions well
    C) Spanish Police (Civil Guard) are finicky donut lickers.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!