For Friends of the PNW

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by navis128, Feb 6, 2010.

1. navis128

navis128 New Member

I do miss the mountains and the sarcastic witty banter exchanged between childhood friends.;)
    You can take the girl out of the mountains, etc.:)

Here are just a couple of things I’ve observed while in the most excellent of states…The Lone Star...I don’t want to get in trouble, so my observations promulgated here will be presented in a Jeff Foxworthy format…
    In addition, I would like to state for the record my personal belief in redeeming characteristics of redneckism...limited though they are.:eek:;)

If you use household garbage as charcoal briquettes…you just might be a redneck:mad:

If you clean your sinuses by covering one nostril with thumb and then forcefully exhaling contents of lungs through other nostril…and you’re in front of your neighborhood Al-Sups…and you are female…you just might be a redneck.:eek::eek::confused::confused:

This was just a couple of the...well are there really words here?:confused: Anyway...we all got 'em, don't we?;)
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Are you in Groom?

Reason I ask is, I didn't know what Al-Sups is/was. So I googled it. Got two hits. Both C-stores. One in Ruidoso, NM, and the other in Groom, TX.

I, myself, have smelt the intriguing bouquet of garbage burning under my neighbor's steaks. Weirdness.
  3. navis128

navis128 New Member

Al-Sups is like a family chain c-store. I didn't live in Groom at the time, but I can tell you the town had six restaurants...counted in the six was...yes the c-store deep fried chimechanga and corn dogs...:eek::confused:
  4. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

When we take our cross-Tex trips, we drive mostly on the OSR and F/M roads till out towards Junction. Will never forget seeing a group of men sitting around an air-conditioner, on a PICNIC TABLE on the patio at the London Pub.

So, you might be a red-neck if you enjoy the a/c while it sits on a picnic table!