For serious Mustang lovers...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Salvage33, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    You gotta check this site out if you are (1) a motor head, (2) a Mustang lover, or (3) just simply like pure muscle cars.

www.uniqueperformance.com

For those of you who saw the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds" these are the guys that built the GT500 for the movie. Can't remember the 'name' of the car but think it starts with an "E". Evelyn?

What these folks do is scour the country finding old mustangs. They have to meet certain qualifications, then they are "sand" blasted with something close to baking soda so as to clean it up, but not eat away the metal. Then they are shipped to Ford where they are gone through again, issued NEW VIN #'s and forwarded on to Unique Performance for the real work!

I found all this out when we sold the guy that does the blasting a 350 CFM compressor!

Pictures are great...and you gotta check out the prices!!!!

John
  2. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:D [​IMG]

i'll take this in blue please! :D
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Only if the car comes with it. :D

Pops
  4. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:D i was refering to the car pops! :eek: :D i dont care bout that plane. :cool:
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Oh...OK (see "yellow tissue" thread. :D )

Pops
  6. richbug

richbug New Member

ELENOR I think... Egatimra named his new GT after it.
  7. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

richbug...I stand corrected...Eleanor it was!

Rosierita...did you read the specs on that thing...750 HP upgrade? Oh, if only I was rich and good looking! LOL

John
  8. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:eek: i didnt see that! :eek: did you see the "investment"?? :eek: :eek: ($169,000) :eek: :cool: it is sweet tho. :p
  9. Texas_Shooter

Texas_Shooter New Member

I used to own a Mustang: 1970 Mach I 351C, Metallic Blue with black louvers, black spoiler, black stripes. Hooker headers, Accel duel point distibutor with Accel wires. Holley double pump carb, Crager SS wheels with big fat tires.

When it ran, it ran good, but it was so finicky and hard to find performance parts for. I used to envy the Chevy guys because parts were everywhere for either the big block or small block. If you had a Chevy small block parts were interchangeable. It was my first, last, and only Ford. I got smart and went back to Chevy and have never strayed again.

I do like the looks of the new Mustang and glad that Ford did not give up on the "Pony" car like Chevy did with the Camaro.
  10. egatimra

egatimra New Member

Yeah, I named my 02 GT after eleanor after all of the trouble I had getting her. It took me a week and about 6 cars before I got what I wanted in the first place. :mad:
  11. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Oh-Noooo! It's a Ford! I thought this was gonna be about P-51's! :D
  12. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

My favorite WWII era plane, the Mustang!

Remember whole squadrons training over the house during the late war years from a nearby base.

Also had one of the original Ford Mustangs back in 1965. Wish I still had it!

Attached Files:

13. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

F=First
    O=On
    R=Race
    D=Day

Would love to have a re-creation of Eleanor, but alas, the missus won't let spend that much on a new ride!

Never had a Mustang, but did have 1963 1/2 model Falcon Sprint. Original engine was a 260 V8 with a posi gear and B-W T10 four speed. When I sold it, there was 302 w/ dual 4 bbls, headers, etc under the hood. Built well over 375 HP, but could only get 340 to the tires! Wish I had never sold it!

But a guy can dream, can't he? LOL

John
  14. dcon12

dcon12 Active Member Supporting Member

Mustang was not anything but a falcon with a bad body job. Used to have a Falcon Futura. Interior was Identical to tha mustang. Don
  15. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

In March, the Warden and I are gonna look at a 2005 Mustang.

I had a '65 when I was in collage, but the tranny went so I sold it for $800.

everything was VG condition - except the tranny.