For serious Mustang lovers...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Salvage33, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    You gotta check this site out if you are (1) a motor head, (2) a Mustang lover, or (3) just simply like pure muscle cars.

www.uniqueperformance.com

For those of you who saw the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds" these are the guys that built the GT500 for the movie. Can't remember the 'name' of the car but think it starts with an "E". Evelyn?

What these folks do is scour the country finding old mustangs. They have to meet certain qualifications, then they are "sand" blasted with something close to baking soda so as to clean it up, but not eat away the metal. Then they are shipped to Ford where they are gone through again, issued NEW VIN #'s and forwarded on to Unique Performance for the real work!

I found all this out when we sold the guy that does the blasting a 350 CFM compressor!

Pictures are great...and you gotta check out the prices!!!!

John
  2. rosierita

rosierita New Member

:D [​IMG]

i'll take this in blue please! :D
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Only if the car comes with it. :D

Pops
  4. rosierita

rosierita New Member

:D i was refering to the car pops! :eek: :D i dont care bout that plane. :cool:
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Oh...OK (see "yellow tissue" thread. :D )

Pops
  6. richbug

richbug New Member

ELENOR I think... Egatimra named his new GT after it.
  7. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

richbug...I stand corrected...Eleanor it was!

Rosierita...did you read the specs on that thing...750 HP upgrade? Oh, if only I was rich and good looking! LOL

John
  8. rosierita

rosierita New Member

:eek: i didnt see that! :eek: did you see the "investment"?? :eek: :eek: ($169,000) :eek: :cool: it is sweet tho. :p
  9. Texas_Shooter

Texas_Shooter New Member

I used to own a Mustang: 1970 Mach I 351C, Metallic Blue with black louvers, black spoiler, black stripes. Hooker headers, Accel duel point distibutor with Accel wires. Holley double pump carb, Crager SS wheels with big fat tires.

When it ran, it ran good, but it was so finicky and hard to find performance parts for. I used to envy the Chevy guys because parts were everywhere for either the big block or small block. If you had a Chevy small block parts were interchangeable. It was my first, last, and only Ford. I got smart and went back to Chevy and have never strayed again.

I do like the looks of the new Mustang and glad that Ford did not give up on the "Pony" car like Chevy did with the Camaro.
  10. egatimra

egatimra New Member

Yeah, I named my 02 GT after eleanor after all of the trouble I had getting her. It took me a week and about 6 cars before I got what I wanted in the first place. :mad:
  11. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

Oh-Noooo! It's a Ford! I thought this was gonna be about P-51's! :D
  12. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

My favorite WWII era plane, the Mustang!

Remember whole squadrons training over the house during the late war years from a nearby base.

Also had one of the original Ford Mustangs back in 1965. Wish I still had it!

Attached Files:

13. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

F=First
    O=On
    R=Race
    D=Day

Would love to have a re-creation of Eleanor, but alas, the missus won't let spend that much on a new ride!

Never had a Mustang, but did have 1963 1/2 model Falcon Sprint. Original engine was a 260 V8 with a posi gear and B-W T10 four speed. When I sold it, there was 302 w/ dual 4 bbls, headers, etc under the hood. Built well over 375 HP, but could only get 340 to the tires! Wish I had never sold it!

But a guy can dream, can't he? LOL

John
  14. dcon12

dcon12 Active Member Supporting Member

Mustang was not anything but a falcon with a bad body job. Used to have a Falcon Futura. Interior was Identical to tha mustang. Don
  15. IShootBack

IShootBack Active Member

In March, the Warden and I are gonna look at a 2005 Mustang.

I had a '65 when I was in collage, but the tranny went so I sold it for $800.

everything was VG condition - except the tranny.
  16. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

ISB, the one I had had a manual Tranny. When we sold it, it was in excellent condition.

Used the money to get a Model "A", which we turned for a good profit after restoring it, but kept it in the family,

I wish I had them both today. However, as we all know, hindsight is always 20/15.
  17. Texas_Shooter

Texas_Shooter New Member

I think you mean:

F=Found
    O=on
    R=Road
    D=Dead

or

F=Fix
    O=or
    R=Repair
    D=Daily
  18. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

LOL nope..not when I was running at Carlsbad Raceway...it was either me or this 65 Comet that one class!

John
  19. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

P-38!! There were a couple based in my home town during the war. You could see them from the highway, when they weren't in the hanger. They flew regular patrols over certain spots around us and were a common sight in the skies. I found out during a visit with one of the pilots in the hanger that they weren't really there. Not only were they not there, they were not yet being built. :D

http://p-38online.com/

Pops

Attached Files:

20. TrinityScrimshaw

TrinityScrimshaw New Member

Those are great looking Stangs, but $99.000???

I have owned several Ford Mustangs over the years. My first was a 73 Mach 1 with a 351 CJ. It was a nice ride, but I hated the puke green color. I sold it and bought a 70 Mach 1 with a 428 SCJ, drag pack with a shaker hood scoop. That got T-boned (by a firebird), and I then bought a friends Red 68 GT 500KR. This Shelby was not stock, and the 428 under the hood ran like a bat out of hell. It turned a high 11 second ¼ mile run at a local drag strip. It was fun to drive, and the girls liked it too. I sold it for $5000 in 1976, and I thought I made a lot of money back then. I owned an 88 GT 5.o for a short time, but the car I wish I had back was one some friends and I built. It started out being a 67 square back sedan that originally had a six cylinder engine in it. We took a 427 out of a friends wrecked 67 AC Cobra and put it under the hood. It had to have a special hood scoop so that the carbs and breather could have clearance. We cut too much out of the fender wells to put the headers on that we had to install an F-100 straight axle under the front end. It sat high in the front, and wanted to jump off the ground every time you let the clutch out. This car was a straight line shooter, and couldn’t be touched by many. It could beat the 68 Shelby I owned by at least two lengths. I also had a 70 Cougar Eliminator with a 428 SCJ also. This was a real fun car to drive, and I know this car is still on the road today, and has been restored.

Trinity +++