For serious Mustang lovers...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Salvage33, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

ISB, the one I had had a manual Tranny. When we sold it, it was in excellent condition.

Used the money to get a Model "A", which we turned for a good profit after restoring it, but kept it in the family,

I wish I had them both today. However, as we all know, hindsight is always 20/15.
  2. Texas_Shooter

Texas_Shooter New Member

I think you mean:

F=Found
    O=on
    R=Road
    D=Dead

or

F=Fix
    O=or
    R=Repair
    D=Daily
  3. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    LOL nope..not when I was running at Carlsbad Raceway...it was either me or this 65 Comet that one class!

John
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

P-38!! There were a couple based in my home town during the war. You could see them from the highway, when they weren't in the hanger. They flew regular patrols over certain spots around us and were a common sight in the skies. I found out during a visit with one of the pilots in the hanger that they weren't really there. Not only were they not there, they were not yet being built. :D

http://p-38online.com/

Pops

Attached Files:

5. TrinityScrimshaw

TrinityScrimshaw New Member

Those are great looking Stangs, but $99.000???

I have owned several Ford Mustangs over the years. My first was a 73 Mach 1 with a 351 CJ. It was a nice ride, but I hated the puke green color. I sold it and bought a 70 Mach 1 with a 428 SCJ, drag pack with a shaker hood scoop. That got T-boned (by a firebird), and I then bought a friends Red 68 GT 500KR. This Shelby was not stock, and the 428 under the hood ran like a bat out of hell. It turned a high 11 second ¼ mile run at a local drag strip. It was fun to drive, and the girls liked it too. I sold it for $5000 in 1976, and I thought I made a lot of money back then. I owned an 88 GT 5.o for a short time, but the car I wish I had back was one some friends and I built. It started out being a 67 square back sedan that originally had a six cylinder engine in it. We took a 427 out of a friends wrecked 67 AC Cobra and put it under the hood. It had to have a special hood scoop so that the carbs and breather could have clearance. We cut too much out of the fender wells to put the headers on that we had to install an F-100 straight axle under the front end. It sat high in the front, and wanted to jump off the ground every time you let the clutch out. This car was a straight line shooter, and couldn’t be touched by many. It could beat the 68 Shelby I owned by at least two lengths. I also had a 70 Cougar Eliminator with a 428 SCJ also. This was a real fun car to drive, and I know this car is still on the road today, and has been restored.

Trinity +++