1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

for those who custom build thier .22's...

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

corpis66
    (12/17/02 9:48:53 pm)
    Reply for those who custom build thier .22's...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    how do you go about building a custom bolt action .22? where do you get the parts...bolt/action/reciever, stock, barrlel...etc.? i'd like to either do some work to my savage or build a custom. i just don't know where to start, other than i want it for target shooting at different yards. what kinna tools do i need, are there any book/manuals out there to help along on the process? i know most people use 10/22...what are the other widely avaliable options? i'd like to learn or read up on this any way i can, very interested and determined...even though the cash is falling short....
    thanks for any and all help.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (12/25/02 2:30:36 pm)
    Reply Re: for those who custom build thier .22's...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Start with a Ruger77/22.

I sent mine to Ace Systems. Picked it up two weeks later.

Shoots small, tight groups.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/26/02 7:20:35 pm)
    Reply Re: for those who custom build thier .22's...
    C66, yur only limited by the depth of yur pocket. U can build mostly anything out of anything if U werk at it. Single shot dropping block types lend themselves to lotsa changes as do the myriad of bot actions out there. Its what U think wood look feel best.
    Theres a dude outa CROOKEville texas that thinks he noes a little about dubble deuces( questionable at best) that visits this board from time to time. I jus cant recall his "handle" at the moment. mebbe sum1 else roun here can help. Myself, I dont know jack.........

Edited by: ibtrukn at: 12/27/02 2:06:31 pm