for those who custom build thier .22's...

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

corpis66
    (12/17/02 9:48:53 pm)
    Reply for those who custom build thier .22's...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    how do you go about building a custom bolt action .22? where do you get the parts...bolt/action/reciever, stock, barrlel...etc.? i'd like to either do some work to my savage or build a custom. i just don't know where to start, other than i want it for target shooting at different yards. what kinna tools do i need, are there any book/manuals out there to help along on the process? i know most people use 10/22...what are the other widely avaliable options? i'd like to learn or read up on this any way i can, very interested and determined...even though the cash is falling short....
    thanks for any and all help.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (12/25/02 2:30:36 pm)
    Reply Re: for those who custom build thier .22's...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Start with a Ruger77/22.

I sent mine to Ace Systems. Picked it up two weeks later.

Shoots small, tight groups.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/26/02 7:20:35 pm)
    Reply Re: for those who custom build thier .22's...
    C66, yur only limited by the depth of yur pocket. U can build mostly anything out of anything if U werk at it. Single shot dropping block types lend themselves to lotsa changes as do the myriad of bot actions out there. Its what U think wood look feel best.
    Theres a dude outa CROOKEville texas that thinks he noes a little about dubble deuces( questionable at best) that visits this board from time to time. I jus cant recall his "handle" at the moment. mebbe sum1 else roun here can help. Myself, I dont know jack.........

Edited by: ibtrukn at: 12/27/02 2:06:31 pm