Forced marriage unit finds youngest victim 5 years old in UK

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Apr 1, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

a unit set up to prevent forced marriages ( but has not prevented one but attended 28 weddings to date )

Consultation Finds Girl Of Five Forced Into Marriage
    As a consultation looking into criminalising forced marriage in England, Wales and Northern Ireland reaches its end figures have shown a 5-year-old may be the UK’s youngest victim.

The child is one of 400 in the last year to receive assistance from the government's Forced Marriage Unit.

Joint head of the Forced Marriage Unit, Amy Cumming, said 29% of the cases it dealt with last year involved minors.

"The youngest of these was actually five years old, so there are children involved in the practice across the school age range," she said.

The case comes as no surprise to the Iranian and Kurdish Women's Rights Organisation (IKWRO): "We have had clients who are in their very early teens, 11-year-olds, 12-year-olds, the youngest case we had was nine years old."

IKWRO campaigns officer Fionnuala Murphy said that now the consultation is over she hopes forced marriage will become a criminal offence.

"Our organisation is pro-criminalisation because we believe that it will empower victims to know that this is a crime, to stand up to their parents and to stand up for their own rights and it will enable them to come forward and seek help and say what's happening to me is wrong."

Equalities Minister Lynne Featherstone said the government would now look at all the arguments.

"We will now consider all of those views and responses to the consultation before we make a decision on the best way to protect vulnerable people.

"We are determined, working closely with charities and other organisations doing a tremendous amount in this area, to make forced marriage a thing of the past."

A decision is expected to be announced later this year.

http://www.4rfv.co.uk/nationalnews.asp?id=142301
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

WTF man? Wow, sickening.
    More Islam in action.
  3. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

I hope they don't go to the opposite extreme and make it illegal to get married before you're 18. sometimes young people meet the love of their life and they just know they're meant to be together forever so why wait 2-3 more years?

all four of my grandparents, for example, got married between the ages of 14 and 17, the ones on my dad's side died together and my mom's side are still alive and together. should they have been forced to wait until they were 18? I don't think so!

I do think, however, that there should be a way out for someone who marries underage who was pressured but with no way to prove it; they should be able to annul the marriage instantly and without any kind legal action when they turn 18 and receive instant protection from the police should they choose to do so.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    "Our organisation is pro-criminalisation because we believe that it will empower victims to know that this is a crime, to stand up to their parents and to stand up for their own rights and it will enable them to come forward and seek help and say what's happening to me is wrong."

Surely these folks know that if the young girl "stands up to her parents", and goes against what they want, that this child could be killed! An honor killing is the killing of a member of a family or social group by other members, due to the belief of the perpetrators that the victim has brought dishonor upon the family or community. Honor killings are directed mostly against women and girls, but have been extended to men. The perceived dishonor is normally the result of one of the following behaviors, or the suspicion of such behaviors: dressing in a manner unacceptable to the family or community, wanting to terminate or prevent an arranged marriage or desiring to marry by own choice, especially if to a member of a social group deemed inappropriate. This is just a part of Sharia law.
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

at the debate the other night , i asked about this , they condemned the marriage of the 5 year old , i asked them to condemn a marriage of a 9 year old , they would not , and the audience noticed .. i asked about it and they declined to respond , i asked if it was because Mohammed set the example and marriage to 6 year old is ok , no responce

then the audience got into it calling out answer answer ..

they left calling us all bigots and racists , with some islamics in the audience leaving then too but threatening to be waiting outside

one walked out saying "when we take over " etc etc etc

so then i got the rest of the night to educate the audience to the facts of sharia and what its linked too..

and no there where no militant islamists waiting outside afterwards , a single carload of them drove by shouting obscenities, but that was it ..

a good night over all
  6. carver

carver Moderator

I would have loved to be there with you Jack!
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

was a quiet night after the walkout , again we got no media other than leftie media calling it a right wing organised event , actually the islamists booked it all and asked for Prof. Penn but he declined , he's been fire bombed in the past ( they torched his car )

the folks who stayed had a interest and i asked them what they wanted to know

they wanted to know what sharia was and why it was a threat

when i explained that just halal certification brings in a couple hundred million a year meaning aussie paid $10 each a year , just to have halal on stuff .
    that every nation thats had a increase of islam has got a increase of sharia , and while thats ok for the guys the women are shattered and open to abuse and misuse . how sharia settles compensation as dictated by the saudis a few years ago ( mecca )

how it puts a value on everyone ... a price on every head and how if that head is not muslim it can be paid for under islamic law , meaning they walk for murder of non muslims after paying cash for it , more for men less for women and how compensation is not due on those who should be killed under islam , meaning apostates , gays , pagans , atheists etc.., and how much Jizya ( tax on not being muslim) we'd have to pay under sharia ..

and how all this is funneled into our political parties to buy influence and laws to suit them and not us and gave examples of such

a good crowd , a few scared witless, a few thinking i had to have rigged it , but i only use islamic texts when i do this as the first thing is islamist will say is its not a approved text

my version its the college of mecca dual language version from 1960

but outside after a lot of folks hung round to talk and asked stuff ,

was good ..
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  8. carver

carver Moderator

I'm glad that you had a chance to reach some folks with this message. We need more men, and women, to take a stand on Muslim issues, and Sharia law. Most won't stand and be counted, simply because the Muslims will put a price on your head!
  9. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I'd love to sit in on one of your lectures Jack.
  10. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

yeah Jack, maybe you could do a tour here in the US? :)
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

the question is , would it be allowed ??

the US has banned most anti islamist speakers
  12. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'm pleased to see your getting your message out, and it appears some are actually listening.

I can't wrap my head around the UK allowing what are referred to as babies in the US, to become brides there.
  13. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

its getting pushed here too

but i read the easiest place to get in is the USA

a guy in texas started up a mosque and has 3 brides now , all under 19 but he's been married to her for 8 years by his own admission ..

and no-one does a thing besides his neighbour who has hog races on a friday
  14. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

muslims=yes....Mormons=no?

Wheres the legal difference between the two? Cults can, Christians can't.
    I"m confused. It can't be because of religious beliefs. I don't have current info, but once upon a time, Mormons could have more than one wife. And the feds stopped that. And the guy the feds busted out West somewhere for having multiple child brides.